Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

articicle Posts: 119

I'm using old graphic software, I can make animated gifs but can someone point me in the direction of the hover your pointer over and it changes codes (free software?)

I've notice lots of the newer stuff on yahoo has gotten really wild too, the advertizements flying out of the box... I've even seen a web page that snows over the whole thing.

can the advanced point me in a direction?  I've got ideas for some teddy comics that would work cool, but alas I am the vagabond artist who just updated his photo editing software to 2000 version (on sale at the library flee market)

Is this all tricks of what is html2 ?  I've just got out of windows 98 plus into XP so I guess I'm eeeeer, old school?  My stuff can make something like this  :pray:  or this  :clap: but it would rock to hover over the  :pray:  and get :clap:

oh, while I get greedy what of sounds in the smilies... is this doable for the lower tech premodern vagabond artist ducttape guru?

currently I can record sounds with my start- all programs- accesseries- entertainment- sound recorder... is there an easy way to tack them into the animated gifs?

thanks- Articicle

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Are you asking how we get our pictures to appear under our avatars? If so then all you need to do is add a picture of yourself to the User Photos, which is at the top of the page on the coloured bar. Your picture will then appear under your avatar when the mouse hovers over it. I hope this is what you meant.

hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

articicle Posts: 119
doodlebears wrote:

Are you asking how we get our pictures to appear under our avatars? If so then all you need to do is add a picture of yourself to the User Photos, which is at the top of the page on the coloured bar. Your picture will then appear under your avatar when the mouse hovers over it. I hope this is what you meant.

hugs Jane.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help... my avitar now pops.... yeeeeeaaaay!!!

Articicle

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi Articicle.
Many of the new advertisements you see on the www now are made using Macromedia Flash software. It has amazing capabilities and you can do practically anything with it, i think it must be the most versatile programme available at the moment. I have Flash but can't use it yet..........it's my new years resolution to learn.

As for html, just search for html tutorials and you will find hundreds of them on the net - you'll find everything, from very basic tag codes to the more advanced. You will find the code for making rollover images and loads of other fun stuff too.
One thing you can do is buy a book on using dynamic html which gives you all the codes you need.
Let us know how you get on.

Penny  bear_tongue

Board footer