Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I just wish to say to all the Aussies whos families homes residences properties and communities that are being terrorised by the fires, that my heart goes out to you all. bear_cry  bear_cry
I have been in this very same situation (many of us I think would have at some stage)
I know how terrifying and confusing it can be.  I'll send my prayers and will pray for rain[ :pray: b][/b] bear_cry  bear_cry   I am truely sorry this is happening. :hug:  :hug:Put your faith in the people that will and are rallying around that you will never be left along with your tragity :hug:  :pray:
Wendy

http://au.news.yahoo.com/061211/23/11qju.html

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Wendy,

Very well said, and I agree and second that!  Although luckily I have never been in such a situation, my heart still goes out to those that are.  :hug:

Kimberly W.

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

I agree with all of the above. I live in the contry in Australia and some times when there is fires long way away I can smell the smoke and it is very upsetting. I have so far not been in a fire and pray and hope it will remain so. Must be soo terifying. Hope all are safe and well.
Lena 03.gif

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Thankyou Wendy  bear_original

Stellajella Wien

Wendy, thanx for expressing this!
I´ve been thinking of the poor people in fear of the fire, and of all the poor animals that lost their lives in the flames and I hope, that the fires can be killed soon! :pray:

Gaby bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Yes, Many prayers to those in the path of the fire....So horrible....and let's not forget the animals suffering too....

Michelle

WA

I've been popping in every so often when I get a chance. I havent been able to read much that has been posted.
If anyone can keep us up to date on the fire  storms here in Australia. It will be gratefully appreciated by us all, I'm sure. :hug:  :hug:  It is hard to sit back while worried for your friends.  bear_cry
Is there anything we can do from a distance???
Only TTers on the scene can answer our questions. Is there anyway we can come to your assistance?? :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

It's very scarey! My other half, Stuart (who's Australian) is originally from just outside of Melbourne - he worryingly reads the online local paper every day to see how much worse it is.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Does anyone know if anyone 'we' know is in danger??

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi Wendy, thankyou for your concern.
At the moment the Gippsland Region where I am, is braceing for another bad day on Thursday.
So far the fires have clamed 1 life, 32 homes and numerous sheding and fencing.
Also one man is seriously injured in a bulldozer rollover while clearing for the fires, and 5 New Zealand fire fighters have recieved burns.
The very sad part about it, is that the fire which clamed the life and the majority of houses was lit deliberatly by a fire bug.  Even today at the top of my road a fire was lit, luckely it was put out quickly.
Here is an update from the DSU -

There are currently 4 fires going in the eastern half of the State, covering an area in excess of 688,000 hectares (or 6,880 square kilometres). The fires complexes in the North East and Gippsland regions have continued to merge and are now being managed under two main fire complexes: the Great Divide Complex North and the Great Divide Complex South.

I have noticed that the reports on TV have died down, just wish the fire had as well as it is still threatening properties in the region.
At the moment all I think you can do is pray that we have a huge down pour to put the fire out.  Because that is the only way this fire is going to go away.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been posting.  I read all the posts everyday, but I am just too distracted to post at the moment.   But to read all your posts, the pic of the day (my favorite bear_original ) and see what everyone is up too is very uplifting.
So if you could all cross your fingers for Thursday and prey that the winds arn't too bad it would be appreciated.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Chris, fingers crossed!!!  And even tho the news has died down its still in all of our thoughts....its just awful...huge hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

May GOD protect you all.

:pray:

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

The population where I live is 36,000. Our home is only 2km form the centre of town.I never thought bush fire could reach us. Monday night while out watering my garden ( we are allowed 2hour ever second day), I noticed huge  amounts of smoke coming form the nearby river and natural bush area. It became so bad I called my husband out. Emergency vehicles had their sirens all going then a spotter and water plane began continuous low flights over our homes then into this thick black smoke. It took all night for the fire to be fully under control. It jumped the river and there were many homes under immediate threat.
It was in fact less than 1/3 of a km away from our house. Burning embers can travel 1km.
No property damage but as the main fire was started (deliberately) on a river island which is full of native animals and birds we know not all escaped.
I usually run on a track along the river. Whenever I felt sad a run along here would make me feel very lucky.Huge gum trees are now still smoldering..the track is closed as many may still fall. I wonder about all the Kookaburras and other birds and animals.
Pray for rain to end this drought and regenerate our bush so we all can return.Please.
Susan

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Chris- how sad somebody lost their life and others are hurt. And  Susan, the poor animals--my heart is breakin on the suffering of the families and the animals....what a sick twisted nut out there starting fires...Hope the catch this evil #&@!.

Please keep us posted....

Michelle

WA

I understand the turmoil of emotions you will all be having about the wild life. My heart goes out to you, yours and the animals.
I am so sorry this is happening. The senseless distruction has left me speechless.
I simple do not have the words to express my sorrow.  bear_cry
Ok chin up folks. She'll come right in the end :hug:  :thumbsup:
Thankyou for keeping us upto date, Chrissi and Susan.  :pray:

Board footer