Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Can you believe it!!!  We've had a drought going on for so long and tonight we've had downpours, thunder, lightening!!  We are hoping that the rain will travel to Victoria and quench the fires...fingers crossed!!! :pray:  :pray:

They are actually saying that their may be snow in some areas of Tassie and Vic for Christmas  bear_rolleyes  Isn't that just crazy!!!   bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

that is really great news Sarah, it has been so long for you over there with no rain, I keep fingers and toes crossed that it can reach the fires.  Pretty darn crazy to think you may get snow over there, really mild over here compared to normal - I think we're swopping places - we'll probably have a heat wave at Christmas  bear_tongue  bear_wacko

Hugs
Catherine

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Sarah, Did it make it to the fires??? I sure hope so!!! Pam

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Great news !! bear_thumb

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Sarah, that is great. Hopefully there will be some left to fall in Victoria later tonight..

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sarah..I'm so glad you have rain....you must be so excited! I was excited last night to hear the weather report for rain coming too...but it seems now we may only get the very edge of it. bear_sad  It's so dry here now that everything is crunching underfoot..but at least we don't have the fires. Everything up in the mountains is so tinder dry it's just burning so hot and fast. Last I heard there were nearly 500,000 hectares..that's over 1 million acres of mountain forest and farmland burnt...the pics on the telly are phenominal. We are four hours drive south of the nearest of the fires, and we are still shrouded in smoke most days. Yesterday was really hard to beathe and the smell of smoke was very strong.
Here is a pic I took of the farm and down at the beach which is usually a blaze of colour. We are on an island and we can't even see the mainland a kilometre away.
farm.jpg

beach.jpg

Pam...Sarah lives about 10 hours east in another state to the fires so she gets any weather changes up to a day ahead of us. The mountainous areas where the fires are, are forecast to get between 10mm and 25mm of rain and even some snow over the weekend, so hopefully it will help to quench the fires. But with the rain comes thunderstorms, which is what started the fires in the first place so if there is more thunder than rain, it could spark more fires. We have a forecast today for another dreadful fire danger day...hot northerlys, 37 degrees cel and low humidity...nightmare! How can it be soooo hot and unbearable today and yet in two days we'll be freezing with snow on the alps only hours away? This weather has gone nuts! bear_wacko
I do hope we get that rain....our reservoir is down to 27% full and is just a puddle...and they say the bottom 15% is just silt that is undrinkable anyway. Heaven help us when the tourists all converge over the Christmas period. Lets just hope they keep to one shower a day instead of three.  bear_wacko
It has just dawned on me that I changed a very happy, joyous post into a depressing, nasty one. Sorry Sarah! Send some of your rain Sarah and I'll dance with ya! I'm still waiting for Celena to send her flood waters from Kuala Lumpar....maybe they got blown east and you are getting them instead! bear_happy

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain! :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Its so hard but I'm glad someewhere is getting rain.
I am looking at the clouds outside and wondering if a rain dance will help?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is great, I love the rain!!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is good news!! I hope that it puts out your fires!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

No rain in Northern Victoria. Glad someone is getting it but even a down pour is sadly not the end of a drought .We need rain then follow up rain. The earth is so dry a down pour usually runs off the top. Dairy farmers here are letting cattle roam so they can try to find a little grass. It should be the peak of the season but no feed  equals no milk. Many have left their farms to go and fight the fires.
I am happy that rain is falling somewhere..maybe thats a start!
Susan

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wednesday night it rained here in the south West. we went out side and danced in the down pour.
We wanted the rain so much but then also wanted it to travel to the east for you guys.
Such mixed emotions over 'water' that we took for granted as kids.
Wendy

Celena Oxford

That's great new!  Hope it will wipe out the fire soon  bear_original  Wish some of the rain here would go over there...Malaysia is having very heavy rain and terrible floods in six states, causing some death...and now in the newspaper today, Klang Valley (which is where Kuala Lumpur is situated..also where I am now) is on red alert as heavy rain expected to last until Sunday  bear_sad
areas_2112.jpg

I guess, I should plan some stocking of groceries now...in case I get stuck in my house and move some electrical items up to the top floor.....

Beary hugs
Celena  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

No real rain yet over the fire area  bear_noexpression
Hope it rains soon.
I am about 30mins (Mum is about 15mins) away from the main fire.
Some good news though -
They have arrested 2 people that they suspect started one of the fires near my place.
A 26 year old woman and a 15 year old boy.
weird huh.
They are still looking for the culprits that started the big blaze about 30mins from me that has caused so much damage and claimed the life of a fire fighter.

Check out the age of the arsenist, she was a very young Mum .

Celena, I have just emailed your piccie of KL to my daughter, she has just returned from there as she was attending a nursing convention.

Thought she would be very interested in it..

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Thanks Hayley.........wow....that is a tough situation for people and wildlife! Pam

Celena Oxford
tuppies teddies wrote:

Check out the age of the arsenist, she was a very young Mum .

Celena, I have just emailed your piccie of KL to my daughter, she has just returned from there as she was attending a nursing convention.

Thought she would be very interested in it..

Hi Denise

Opppss... :doh: I think I may have confused you, that isn't a piccie of KL, that Johor state, which is flooded now....KL or Klang Valley is on Red Alert starting today in case of such flood happening here too...as KL is very susceptible to flash flood....

Beary hugs
Celena  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Such good news about the rain. Now let it put out the fires....

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

You know what guys? This is giving me an idea! What about if we start .."How it looks out of your window ". The ones that wants to participate will take a picture of the outside and post it in here. I think it would be so interesting to see the different ( Seasons! ) weather that we have! We have so many members that live in different states or parts of the world! It could be for some Summer or Winter?  Some of us will look out to snow or gree grass! What do you think?
Bear hugs
Gladys. bear_flower

Sounds good, it is raining here now, but not heavy enough.  Will take a piccie out my lounge window tomorrow....

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

The rain here was just soo good, and it has freshened every think up. But now we need follow up rain for it to do any good and fill our dams.
Lena 112.gif

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

No realy rain.  Feel sorry for Armidale who got hit by that hail storm it looked like it snowed there.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Finally we have a little rain, but we need some more, keep your fingers crossed everyone.  :pray: We need plenty plenty more.  :pray:

Chris glad to hear from you, hope you are keeping safe the fires have been awful, feeling for you all. :pray:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am keeping my fingers crossed so that you can get some more rain.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

We didn't get as much as hoped for bear_sad  but glad that vic is getting it now!  Hayley, it doesn't seem real to me here until you see photos like yours...

Celena...the floods look terrible  bear_cry

Great idea Gladys  bear_thumb  I love seeing snow photos...have a look at those photos from denver!  wow!!

Pages:

Board footer