Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Little.jpghi everyone

tonight i got to thinking about little bears.i wondered how small i could make one so i got my sewing stuff out and here is the result(see pic)

ps whats the smallest bear anybody here has made??

anyway bye for now bear_original

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

pps i said it was tiny ...not well stitched!! lol bear_grin
(that flash shows everything)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
greatwon2 wrote:

pps i said it was tiny ...not well stitched!! lol bear_grin
(that flash shows everything)

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
You're a riot :crackup:
I think that this must be the smallest I have seen so far.  we need measurements though. Your thumb could after all ,be a whopping big one. :crackup:  :crackup:
It wouldnt be a bad challenge for next year. Who can make the smallest.??? bear_thumb

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

from top of head to bottom is about 26 - 27 mm

sorry its not accurate but i dont have a mesuring tape only a ruler!

only took about 2 hours to make and about 1 1/2 of them were turning the pieces(it was a rush job just to see if i could)

another challenge to go with the one u suggested could be see who can make the smallest with the least swearing bear_grin )

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

ps...  id fail!!!! bear_grin

articicle Posts: 119

THIS IS NOT MINE... REPEAT NOT MY CREATION... but I did bump into it and was amazed by its small size.  6d4b_12.JPG

I hope someday to be making bears the size of two joints of your index finger... I'm not sure if I would practically want to go smaller... but I wonder who has made the smallest. 

SORRY AGAIN I CAN'T GRANT PROPER CREDIT TO THIS PICTURE...

Articicle

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

That´s a really tiny bear. Well done. bear_thumb

The smallest bears I have ever made was 1,5 inch fully joined.
Unfortenatly I didn´t take a picture before I sold them  bear_sad

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

hi all

just thought id mention that ive started making an even smaller bear than the one above(again tiny not well made!!)but christmas being upon us has suspended all work for the moment  bear_grin  ill post a pic once i get it finished(or should i say IF i get it finished - very frustrating these little bears!)

Articicle - do you know how that tiny bear is made? i thought maybe it was needle felted cause its soooo small but very neat(but maybe its just only me who cant hide stitching on such little space bear_grin  )

bye

or as tigger would say
TTFN(  ta ta for now)

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Well done with that small bear.
Lena bearms4.gif

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I wouldn't win for the no swearing award either....that's why I leave my bears ears until the very end, I want them to retain some sense of innocence!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

The smallest I have made at the moment is just over an inch  (about 28mm)- I would like to go smaller, but I want to retain a normal head with gusset and foot and paw pads so I'm not sure how much smaller I can get.  The red and white panda was my first micromini, the blue and white one my second - they both measure about just over an inch.

Threadle2.jpg

lilblue7.jpg

those links to that lady are insane!!!  she fits two creations into a walnut!!!!  Her mouse was 3/8th of an inch!!!!

WOW

the detail is even great... thats just wow.

AS for the picture I ran accross, I should have kept better track of the link.  I don't know anything about the little ladybug fairy bear or its creator... :redface:  sorry

the person who puts two bears in a walnut has got to be the best I have seen yet!!! and for being so tiny they are still great quality too.... WOW again.

articicle

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Ah Melissa Your creations are just divine.  Can't wait to see how small you can go.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Hard to believe some one could make something that smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

!!   

But I think we should try.... what do you all think ?

Article ... what do you think ??

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Melissa, those little bears are great! Man, I just love the blue one!

K Pawz Guest

very tiny!!! and yes Nancy's work always leaves me speechless!!

Hugs,
Krista

Well jodi, I think with all this fine inspiration making a mini is in order for me next.  I'd love to pull off one of those inch tall ones but maybe palm sized to start with is a bit more doable. 

this weekend I pledge to at least cut some fabric... as a new bear maker I'm still a it intimidated by the blank canvas.  fortune favors the bold? 

articicle

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Cutting the first cut is always the hardest especially if it is mohair that cost a fortune!!  bear_grin
BUt go and enjoy the trip it will take you on.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Article..... GOD'S Speed !!!! :pray:

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Nancy's bears are totally amazing. How can she see tomake them that small???
Melissa your pandas are adorable and I love the red one. she is sooo sweet.
Lena 14.gif

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

w00t!  That IS tiny!!

Amelia

Board footer