Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I am another one who doesn't get up to much on NYE.  Usually we are in bed long before midnight and enjoying the fact that we are together and still very much in love.  Hubby spends a lot of time away so it's good that we spend NYE together and even tho we are 'oldies' we have only been married for a relatively short time (3 years) so for both of us it's great to have someone special to spend the time with.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Hey Chloe I adore the big bear in your atavar what can you tell me about him?

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I HATE NYE as well and its my birthday how depressing is that?

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hi Clare, the big bear is called loki. I made him back in the summer.I think i was having a funny 5 minutes.(WELL 3 DAYS)He is sold now, but was just under 4 feet tall and took 3 bags of stuffing.He really did give a great hug though bear_grin  bear_grin
Glad you like him. :hug:  :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

We'll be staying at home - which I'm quite looking forward to....no need to entertain guests!!

I'm not a massive fan of NY either - to me it just marks the end of Christmas (which I love). I do look forward to February though as it's my birthday on the 11th and Hugglets is at the end of the month - it's just impossible to be grumpy in the run up to Hugglets!!

I am actually really looking forward to 2007 though....I'm getting married in August!!

Congradulations on your wedding. :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

We're going to a party at our neighbor's house down the street.  Our neighbors are so nice.  We've only been here a month but this is the 3rd party we've been invited to.  I didn't know about the black eyed peas bringing luck.

articicle Posts: 119
Jennskains wrote:

:bday: :cake: happy birthday to you!!!  :hug:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

I've had a funky year, ended up alone on Christmas.... and likely new years tommorow night to.  good riddance 2006.   maybe 2007 can do better.

articicle

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Happy Birthday to you. I am just staying at home and watching maybe a movie and off to bed before midnight.
Lena 14.gif

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg
Dilu wrote:

We don't do anything-usually in bed early-so we don't hear the fireworks.  Its wet enough not to worry but still I always do-fire and forest don't go well together.
dilu

That's what we do too - it was stressful enough since my hubby lost his job ( that's why I was not here for weeks  bear_cry  ) , so I just want to have a quiet evening.
Perhaps I stay until midnight but it could be that I go to bed earlier - don't know now  bear_grin

Now I will go and do some breakfast and then I will finish a new teddybear   bear_grin  so he can be my first New Years knuffelbear  bear_innocent

FOR EVERYONE A WONDERFUL FAY AND NEW YEARS EVE WITH LOTS OF FUN WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS; WHEREVER YOU ARE  :hug:

Will come in later again
or latest tomorrow!!!

Lots of love and hugs
Claudia

silvester_feuerwerk_04_animiert.gifsilvester_luftballon_animiert.gif
2007silvester_feuerwerk_04_animiert.gif

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Nothing exciting this year, just catching up with some of our neighbours for a quiet drink.  bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I now have the flu so doubt I'll even make it to midnight tonight! What else is going to happen in my little world??? My grandmother is now in a nursing home living out her final days. Most of the time she's living somewhere in the past mentally but last night she was very lucid and had the nurses call me... she was crying... wanted my mom and me to come see her... she was scared... didn't know where she was or who all these people were, though nice, she knew she wasn't home. Poor thing. I've never had a happy relationship with her but at this point I just feel so sorry for her and because of this darn flu I can't even go to her! bear_angry

In an effort to be a LITTLE positive here.... hubby has been a very good nurse and doggy dad the past 2 days! bear_grin  I've been able to stay in bed w/o worrying about a thing. Dogs are taken care of, groceries gotten and he's made many trips to the drug store for me! The house is even clean and the dishes done! I'm so lucky to have him! bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Daphne, Some times GOD allows us to rest... for some reason you are not susposed to be with Grandma right now, take time to heal. She is being taken care of so rest assured.You can visit when you feel better. You are truly blessed to have a good husband !! That is so very nice of him !! I will lift prayers for all that is going on in your life, keep the faith !! GOD is in control !! Let HIM be !!!

Jodi Falk

Stellajella Wien

Does listening to the Black Eyed Peas bring good luck, too ?  :crackup:
Well, I can´t anyway, because I´m at work.
Have a smashing evening, whatever you do!

Gaby :hug:  bear_flower

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
psichick78 wrote:

we eat lots, and drink lots and never drive drunk. Then we feel sick and watch movies the next day! LOL
Guess that'll change if we have kids, so for now, that's what we do. 
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/e050.gif

It probably will change!! The last time I went out on New Years Eve, it was before any of my friends had kids. But I do recall once when our kids were  really small, we got together at my brother's house to have a drink and visit with a Telly Tubby video playing in the background for the kids :crackup: ! Party animals we are, now!

This year we are actually going to a party, though.

I do understand the folks who get a little down on NYE. Do you ever lay in bed at night and think about all the things you didn't get finished that day that you hoped you would?? Last NYE I found myself thinking, "Oh my gosh it's 2006, already! I had wanted to get so much more done this year!"

articicle wrote:
Jennskains wrote:

:bday: :cake: happy birthday to you!!!  :hug:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

I've had a funky year, ended up alone on Christmas.... and likely new years tommorow night to.  good riddance 2006.   maybe 2007 can do better.

articicle

I'm sorry You were alone on Christmas.  06 was heard on alot of people and I am no exception.   :pray:  Heres to a better 2007

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Come on you guys !!!!  2007 is going to be

GRAND

!!!!!

mybears025.jpg

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

We are having a quiet evening at home, watching dvd's and ringing in the new year with a friend that happens to be alone this night.  We just got a dump of snow last night.  Approximately 8inches, so it's a good thing that we aren't going anywhere because the roads are horrible right now.

Tomorrow my mom and me are going to Salute to Vienna... I sent my mom and dad last year and they really enjoyed it, now my dad is sending me and my mom.

Have a happy new year everyone!

hugs
carola

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Jodi...I sat down to see if I could feel better, forget my pains talking to friends in here and then... I realise I was not alone feeling down!! My entire body hurts and I am soooooo fatigue but, you are right, 2007, with God's help, will be a good year! I have to get ready for the San Diego show!! I am looking forward to it and it is not that far away from today!! Lets all hug our favorite bear and cheer up!
Bear hugs and Golly miles.
Gladys bear_flower
Happy New Year everyone !!

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Hey we are ahead of you mob.  I can tell you that over here in Oz it is already 2007 and so far it looks pretty good!  The sun is shining it is a warm(!) 42 degrees C the neighbourhood is peaceful adn I have all day to make a bear cos hubby has gone to work.  See my NY resolution is already working - I don't resent him working all the time 'cos I get ME time.  bear_grin  :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Since my Hubs is a Scot, New Year's Eve is a rather grim occasion. We divert ourselves from excessive melancholy by drinking single malt and watching comedies until the ball drops in Times Square.

Whoever is still standing at midnight (not I, most years) opens the door to let in the New Year and whatever outraged cats have assembled on the porch, and then stays awake to worry about the partying daughters until they wobble  home. Since two are now married and elsewhere, and the youngest doesn't drink, that part of the tradition is pretty much behind us.

My youngest tells us that the most horrible New Year's Eve she's ever experienced was the night she sat alone at midnight watching Planet of the Apes and worrying about her older siblings while her parents slept on the sofa. I think it blighted her youth.

This year it's Glenmorangie and Mystery Science Theatre 3000, with Anderson Cooper and incoming cats at midnight!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

We had a quiet time seeing in the New Year - we had some friends and family around and had a few glasses of Champagne and
watched the Royal Variety Concert which is always a laugh. Then after midnight watched some fireworks from our deck, go
off around us.

Happy New Year to all and may it be a good Year ahead!

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

The Mr. and I stay home with the Grandies while the parents have a night out. When the New Year rings in our Adult kids give us a call and tell us how much we mean to them and how much we are loved.
My Mr. is from the "South" ( North Carolina) where tradition is to fix BlackEyes Peas, corn bread and "greens" and a "big ole ham" on new Years day. The whole family comes over, the TV is NOT turned on. We play games, share our  New Year resolutions and
check our scratch off Lottery tickets for a winner.
Her FIRST New Years day spent with us our outspoken Daughter in law, born and raised here in TEXAS commented on our
traditional meal.  She said BlackEyed peas tasted like dirt, and she was positive the greens( turnip)  was the ugly bush once growing in the corner of the back yard ! My Son was horrified when his Wife said this. The Mr. saved the day with his wise explanation of different traditions, telling her he probably would not eat Menudo, a spicy Mexican soup she makes from the lining of a cows stomache which is thought to cure hangovers. 
Donna A.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I fell asleep on the couch, work up at 1 AM  and looked at hubby on his computer and I said " I guess it is New Years " He said YEP I said " Happy New Year " he said it in return THAT WAS IT !!!! ROMANCE !!!!   GEEESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

I am soooooo sore!  I got to play bowling on my friends WII lol

Pages:

Board footer