Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

articicle Posts: 119

Like I said get a feel for spheres, cones, cyllanders, with proper shading and then move on.  If you are going to draw a shoe, draw your shoe.  nothing beats real, you can move around a lamp to get shading just so, and away from the calander picture you will be away from photo retouches...  did you know some female models legs are made longer in photoediting for some "glamor"shots? 

articicle

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Articicle, thank you for your advice. I'll get on board with sketching those spheres and cones and stuff.  I think you are saying draw from an object in front of me right?

articicle Posts: 119

yes, draw from "reality", pictures are ok referance but anything is likely digitally remastered for contrast and brightness at least if not downright tinkered with... moreover what if you draw that ultimate work, and its from a copyrighted image?  pictures are good in their own level but reality rules.

the reason I say about working with just plain white spheres, cones and the like is to focus only on shading and comparitive proportion, and don't be afraid to extend your arm out and take measurements that ideed the ball is one and one half times the with of the cone at the bottom... then when that (your) high heel comes along you will give demention to your shoe, justice to each of its features in realation to one another  and that practiced eye will pick up tiny detials that the experienced hand adds on... making it a shoe for the ages.... women will swoon over it thinking of getting new high heels and men will flock to it thinking of who could be the owner of such a shoe... and the art will break all auction records... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

articicle... ok, no more cola for me tonight?

Board footer