Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

P1010050.jpghi everyone,

i thought it might be interesting to start a post where everyone can show off their first bears(you know those mis-shapen no eared things that are hiding in our homes somewhere,not to mention our hearts,lol)

so please feel free to post a picture and tell us all about it

to get the ball rolling heres a pic of my first bear .....lop (cause he's a tad lop sided!)

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

1stbear2.jpg1stbear1.jpgThis is my very first bear.....and it's not even mohair.  I designed this little gal 10 years ago when I was designing for Enesco.  She has a hand sculpted head made of Sculpey.  The fur texture was made using a pin!  Eyes are onyx beads.  Head is handpainted and shaded.  Body is handpainted muslin.

Enesco never did see my line of bear figurines or dolls.  I still have all the original figurines in a box somewhere around here.  But alas, this is the only dolly bear I've kept.  I sold all the others when I first started making and selling my mohair bears on eBay.  So you see, I sculpted bears from clay before designing bears in mohair.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Cute Aleta, I never knew. You're very talented.

Here's my 1st bear. Not my own pattern I should say.

Willy.JPG

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Montage-early1990-s.jpgI think I've shown these before somewhere ... they are my early designs from the beginning/middle of the 90's.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Yes, we did this before - sometime last year.  I'm not posting mine again - he was soooooo awful!!!!  Poor thing, I stilll have him.  I tried to give him to my neice one Christmas, and a couple of Christmas's later, she gave him back to me with a new sweater on him, and a note pinned to it saying "Hi, I am Mr. Balloon Head, please take good care of me and my new sweater". :crackup:  Cheeky girl!!!!

Jane P.

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

sorry i was unaware this had been done allready - is the original still around?
was there any mis-shapen bears in it? these few look allright - i dont see legs of different lengths or only one ear bear_grin

sorry again for covering old ground

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Don't be sorry!!   bear_flower I like revisiting a lot of these topics.  There are so many new members that have not seen, nor would they necessarily think to look for, these topics in the library.  Where's the fun in looking in the library anyway?   

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

after my last post i did look in ther library but just like at the supermarket i couldnt find what i was after bear_grin  if anyone happens to know what section the topic would be under............ bear_original

Aleta - Where's the fun in looking in the library anyway?

i had a look around while i was there and had myself quite a bit of fun in the library!!! bear_grin  bear_grin

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Don't ever be sorry about asking questions!!! We love talking about teddies that's why it's Teddy Talk! Here is the link to the other time we discussed it.  But I'm sure there are many people who have joined since then so there will be more posts here!  Iwas thinking when we did this earlier the same thing that you were, there are some pretty impressive first bears!!!

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=10149

theteddypatch The Teddy Patch/Bear Necessities

Bears-205.jpgOh, this is embarrassing but here goes.  My first bear was created over 12 years ago and he was so ugly I didn't keep a photo - or the bear.  This is a photo of my second bear - getting better but still a long way to go. bear_sad

Board footer