Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
crisw Posts: 12

The 2" fur is lovely, and I'd definitely buy it. That color would make a lovelly golden retriever!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I love that 2" mohair and also like the marbled one..don't know about the black and white, however...it remains to be seen what a dye job or outrageous design could do to it...Winney

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Lovely bears Sue Ann!  What a great way to showcase new fabrics too.  Well done Intercal and well done you! 

My fav fabric is the marble effect.  I like that the colour is so unusual and I also like the pile.  I would probably use it with some light coloured alpaca blend to make one of my laughing bears.

The long pile would make super grizzly bears I'm certain - but I'm not so keen on working with quite such long pile myself.  The short mohair/viscose blend didn't appeal to me to work with as I prefer longer, more dense pile.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I wanted to bring this topic up again as I quite often go right to TT and not to Intercal's home page. (shh... don't tell! bear_happy ) And until last week I didn't realize they had a weekly email newsletter so wasn't signed up for that either! I can't imagine I'm the only one in that boat.

So, I want the other crew members in my boat to know: These lovely fabrics that Sue Ann showed us are available by Special Order. A minimum of 10 yards of each mohair must be pre-ordered before Intercal will send the order to the mill. As I'm not a patient person, it would be great if those of you interested in buying some of these neat mohairs got your orders in too!! No pressure... honestly! I'm not trying to be pushy! Just hinting! bear_laugh

Go to: http://www.intercaltg.com/special/13.html to learn more and place your order!

Hugs,
Daphne

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

The 2" mohair is lovely but I just don't make bears that size. I do like the orange tipped mohair tho.
Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks, Daphne . . . your announcement will help get some orders, I hope!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne,

Thanks for bringing this post back to the front.  Went and ordered a yard, I loved what Sue Ann did with it and look forward to trying it too.

Dilu

P.S. And of course, since I was there anyway....and then there are the coupons....but if you order $200 the shipping is free (at least for me, maybe because I live closer?  I don't know but then don't you always need more eyes......the beat goes on.......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_grin Dilu - I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't buy just one thing from a bear supplier!! bear_grin:lol:

bear_laugh Sue Ann - more orders... that was my intent (For selfish reasons! Aren't I a brat!!) bear_grin:P:lol:

Anyone else? There are 3 colors available in the 2" mohair....black, white and golden tan. That funky red and white tipped mohair is offered too! I'm thinking that might look really neat in person!

(Disclaimer: I have not been asked to promote these specials by Intercal. I am not being paid by anyone. I just want that 2" mohair for 3 orders I have to do by November so need your help in reaching the 10 yard minimum! I'm being totally selfish here, I'll admit it and take full responsibility!!)

bear_noexpression Watch the ball swing back and forth..... you are getting sleepy..... your eyes are closing.... you are envisioning gorgeous bears like Sue Ann's in 2" long mohair.... preferably golden tan.... you will log onto Intercaltg.com and order some as soon as I clap my hands.... you are such a kind person... thank you..... CLAP! :)

Hugs,
Daphne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh go on Daphne, you know you want to, order that whole 10 yards for yourself, you'll never regret it LOL

Heheheh wouldn't it be nice if we could afford to?

Danni

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I also think the 2" mohair is nice, but I would never use it. I just don't want to make bears that big. But depending on the price, I just may want to try.
I don't like the viscose blend at all. Just not my thing.
But I LOVE the tipped mohair. I find interesting tipping mohair is tough to find, and i would for sure order some of that, and some different colors would be nice as well.
Thanks for getting our feedback,
Heather

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Daphne - Calm yourself, Girl!
I ordered some.   i wanted some, and kept looking at it, but not getting paid as a teacher during the summer, I kept putting it off, but I went ahead I purchased it, so there! bear_tongue

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

The 2" is my favourite as well and would like to try it  for dogs
Hugs
Gail

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yeah!!!!  The more of you who order the quicker we can get the order done-hope you all ordered the brownish one.  I hope....I hope......

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Danni - believe me, I would order that much if I could afford it! Would have saved myself a lot of embarassment and groveling! :lol:

Kirsten - I'm calm now! Promise! A special thank you to you! :)

Gail - That 2" would be great for all kinds of dogs!

Hugs,
Daphne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh don't worry Daph!  You didn't embarass yourself!!!!  Groveling is just a part of life, get used to it LOL

Danni

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Sue Ann...your bears are wonderful and I can see why they asked you to 'model' the new goods!

I love the 2 inch mohair, I would definitely be a buyer for that one.  I buy the 3 inch from Edinburgh all the time because I make the yorkies...but I would love a 2 inch so I would make smaller ones. 
That would be perfect.

I don't like the viscose fur...not because of what it is made of, I just don't like the look.

And I don't like the marble one.  It looks to me like that bear was in a food fight. :lol:

These are my tastes only...someone else perhaps would like the mottled look to fabric...but my vote and my money would go to the 2 inch tan mohair.

Nancy

Pages:

Board footer