Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Bailey-Quilt.jpghi  i finally started work on a quilt that id had cut out for yonks

its turning out quite better than i expected(considering its only my 2nd one)i had to share i just couldnt help myself

pics not real good but its night here so ....

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

What a fabulous quilt?  Is that your son? Amazing work! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

yep thats my youngest boy  bailey(cute aint he bear_grin )

i must say that i love your bears n tigers everytime i look at them i just have to shake my head and mutter "amazing"!! bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Fantastic..... you really are amazing to do that for your second quilt..

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  That's wonderful!  I bought an issue of Quilting Arts recently and was amazed at how incredibly complex piecework like this could be.  I'm just in awe.  How did you manage to create the color separations of the original photo? 

Bravo!   :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The patience involved always floors me. It looks like it is going to something really amazing. bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful quilt and what a neat idea having your son Bailey on it.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

articicle Posts: 119

my art master does art shows with her quilts.  Whistler's museum a few months back had a wild quilt show.  I saw a photo of one of the quilts and thought it was a painting.  I think modern quilting (beyond just geometric designs) is going to be very vogue, its seriously underrated as an art form right now.   I commend you on reaching out and not only that, but having great control of the new media.

articicle

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

its done using paintshop pro my husband does the computer side for me so im not real sure on the details,somthing to do with posterising it

i find this sort of quilt easier than "proper"quilts cause i cant sew straight bear_grin i made one quilt with squares and such but its a bit of a disaster
im happy you all like it as i thought it was pretty cool too thats why i had to share it even tho its not a teddy bear(it sure surprised me when it looked allright :crackup: )

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Bailey-quilt-background.jpgive been working on it again tonight  so heres an update

Board footer