Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
Laura Lynn wrote:

When I first designed my site... I actually drew out with pen and paper how I wanted my site to look. 

I used a separate piece of paper for each page (link)

Then I'd look at it and see where I could make it simpler.....

That's not to say that I got it the way I wanted it to the first time.... I've done a lot of tweaking over the last few years  bear_whistle   but now I've finally left the basic set up alone for almost 6 months... a record for me LOL!

I'm gonna be a copy cat and say me too again lol.  Did the paper thing and started very simple.  Then gradually you learn more and evolve from the basics to more complicated...I'm still evolving my site bear_happy  Does anyone think it ever ends lol  I don't hehe
xo sarah

djbbears Queensland

As you can see no website yet have been lurking around checking out how to do them but hubby is the smart one on the puter and he is away so little ole me is pulling hair out trying to work it all out yep puter dumb here..........I just love looking at all your website's and the work you have all put it to them, yep am jealous but one day it will happen  well I hope :pray:

Debbie

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I've just gotta say I'm really lazy when it comes to building a website and the easier it is the better...I'm a http://www.freewebs.com fan through and through. Blow all this html and file transfer protocol. I like being able to edit directly on screen at any given moment of the day.

As far as learning new stuff...let's face it, you can't teach an old dog new tricks! bear_grin Well not this one!!  :crackup:

Besides, I've got enough to keep me busy with the bears without taking on another project like learning technical computer jargon...I'll leave it to you youngsters!

Good Luck with your hunt for a new computer programme Bev!

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi

We use Dreamweaver 8, would like to spend more time upgrading website, but has to have the bare minimum due to bear making, shop commitment and we have recently landed ourselves yet more work (must be mad) by accepting a UK and NI agency for a German Teddy Bear manufacturer, so we will have to pull our fingers out, so our website will be expanding in the next few months with a little help from Dreamweaver.

Good Luck with your website building.
Best wishes
Jacqui

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I just finished my web page using Net Object Fusion.  It was free software I received when I signed up with 1 & 1 web hosting.  They also sent PhotoImpact by ULead.  There was a bit of a learning curve with Net Object Fusion but since I've never done a web page before that was to be expected.  Once I got the hang of it, it went pretty quickly and easily.  It has an html view that you can also edit.   I love Photo Impact the photo and graphic editing software.  It came with Wise FTP also and a GIF animator program.  I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  The 1&1 web hosting is only $4.99 per month.  Pretty good deal, I think.

Board footer