Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

any of you ladies played with the lazertran silk inkjet paper? there are a few different kinds and is not a bear  material ( not that i can find a use for yet anyway)!! but it makes lovely collage and craft projects..However i cannot seem to run it thru my new epson printer ( top load) like i can thru the HP..any thoughts? ive tried every setting etc,,its doesnt seem to want to "grab" the paper..one of those side crafts i play with!  altho collage and scrap art is not as easy as it looks! maybe i have to think like a child! no preconceptions!  ( who am i kidding i was a serious kid..) off topic but maybe someone has a clue for me?!  deb  bear_wacko  bear_rolleyes

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Hi you might try the collage with Claudine Yahoo group.........all collage people there..........I found a link about epson printers........ink is permament, but the head doesnt work well after a month........how long have you had yours?? Pam

Fairfax,Vermont

i guess ive had it about 7 months..works well except for this..dislike the top feed tho..should have stuck with the HP..all my co workers raved about the epsons tho and how much better the ink system was..thanks for the reply! deb

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Deb, I used the silk with my epson inkjet. I found the best way if you don't have the lever on the side that adjusts for thick or thin papers is to use a piece of cardstock as a backing. What I mean is, take all your paper out of the printer, place one sheet of cardstock paper where the paper goes in, then place your silk paper on top of it. It will feed the silk paper in better that way.
Hugs
Sonya

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Deb,
     I've been looking for the transparend Lazertran paper for ages - where did you get it from ie what type of store.  I've looked in Michaels etc, but no one seems to know what it is.

hugs,

Brenda

Fairfax,Vermont

Sonya i will try that,,do you use the matte setting?
Brenda i just typed in lazertran in google and bought it from their website! and ne forewarned its pricey! nobody local ever heard of it..of course in rural vt thats not unusual..even for craft supplies!  thanks deb

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I THINKI USED THE MATTE SETTING, BUT CAN'T REMEMBER BUT IT SHOULD SAY ON THE PACKAGING

Illinois

Deb, I was told my HP ink would fade,I do spray a sealer on it, but the inks that come in HP cartridges is known for fading in the sun or out of it. I heard that Canon printers are used by pro photo shops using quality paper, and images last, I have never tried one. Toner copies versus inkjet..........toner used by pro shops is fade resistant, inkjet.........like my hp........not so good...........Pam

Fairfax,Vermont

yeah but who can afford the toner color ones!? i bought a regular personal copier and waited a long time to get a good deal on it! the cartridges will give you a nose bleed price wise! but they last a long time..i still love the good old 35 mm if i really want the picture to last! deb

Illinois

Deb how much do they cost?? I'm afraid to look! Pam

Illinois
Fairfax,Vermont

Thanks Pam! cool link and cheaper actually than what i paid for the paper at the time!  the copier is a canon and on sale was just under $300 ( b&W)  personal copier..the cartridges come with to start  but they arent full ones i understand,,to replace them is  close to $100.but they last forever,,or you can just bop down to staples and let them run you off  a few sheets,, i can use the one at work but i cant fiddle with the settings! it was a gift to me form ME! last bonus at work! now i can enlarge patterns etc,, Lisa i use the paper for different craft stuff ..jewlery..gifts for family..their site is well worth touring!...and as for this printer..ive tried everything and now it doesnt want to run anything thru,,,grr! ,,,, bear_angry  bear_angry   deb

Illinois

Deb, so  a toner black and white canon is $300?? ok.......... Lisa, those sheets sounds easy.......what texture is the fabric? And have you aged them after printing them?? If so what did you use?? Pam

Board footer