Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

i was just reading about a terrible storm in europe on the news, is everyone allright? sure hope so.

sending prayers to all,
natasha

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hi Natasha,
Things were pretty wild here yesterday in the south west of the UK. We had really strong winds that did quite a bit of damage to trees. My daughter's huge slide and climbing frame which is very heavy was blown across our feild. Very scary.Things have settled now.It is still extremely mild for this time of year the wind yesterday felt quite warm.

puca bears puca bears

Pretty scary it was too!!! Here in Germany we had wind gusts up to 170kph - official "hurricane"
We got a scare when we were walking our dog, early yesterday, when a tree crashed down right in front of us. It was a WILD day - people warned to stay home, kids sent home from school, passengers stuck on trains ALL night (!). Quite a few fatalities too, mostly from falling trees - BAD! Our only damage was having our satellite dish ripped from the wall - no T.V.!!!
It's still really wild this morning, but the winds are expected to drop today. That was one BIG storm ,and something we are not so used to here.I think the emergency services will be hard at work for a while.
I hope everyone else is O.K.
huggies
Maria

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

It has been a storm here in Sweden too, it killed three or four people. At the moment everything is calm though.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

My son and daughter were stuck as the trains had been cancelled due to debris on the rail line. They were taking ages to find a way to get home. I was so relieved to see their faces when the walked in. Eleven people died in the UK because of the weather yesterday. Let's hope it's over now and doesn't return. My daughter's neighbours roof blew off and landed on their car just as Eve was looking out of the window. Scarry!
Keep safe everyone!

Hugs Jane.

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

It was the same up here in Yorkshire. The town centre where I work was completely shut off by the police because of tiles coming off of the roofs. A lot of the roads were shut too.

I think it felt worse in Whitby at Halloween. I had to hold on to the whalebones to stop myself being blown off the end of the cliff. Very scary!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

It was pretty scarey!! There was gail force 11 winds in some areas. It wasn't quite that bad here in Sussex but the winds still got to 80mph and bins etc were strewn all over the road.

Like Jane said - 11 peole died yesterday - one of them was a 2 year old little boy in London...he was out walking with his mum when a brick wall collapsed on top of him because of the wind. Another person died on the motorway when a lorry was blown over and landed on his car....  bear_cry

I love Mother Nature but she sure can test us sometimes!!

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

Had friends I know on the net, loose the roofs of their houses, fences blown over. On the news they were saying there are many thousands of houses in the Uk without electric or heating. One friend saw her shed fly past her window and the apartments all lost their roof and nextdoor lost theirs.  bear_sad  So much damage bear_sad and the news says how many lost their lives but not how many are injured.

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Oboy I do hope you are all ok. I do not like wild storms. Here it is raining and it is soovery nice as we need the rain sooo bad.
Be thinking of all of you up there.
Lena candyheart6.gif

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Hope everyone is okay,  just saw the news with film of the storms in Europe, especially Germany.

They looked very bad..

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

It looks and sounds so awful on the news and your stories here...hugs, hugs and more hugs....

sarahjane Brisbane

I hope everyone is OK and no-one sustained much damage..... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Lost the whole of our back fence which got ripped down.

Luckily for us - thats about it.

Reckon we are in for snow in Southern England next week!!

I certainly do not want to be driving home in that at midnight when I get out of work!!!

Claire

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Hi! yes, we had a pretty windy night..it knocked over a couple of trees, but nobody was hurt as far as I know. but it sure was scary:-) My poor dog spent the whole night under the bed.

Stellajella Wien

Natasha, thanx for your concern!
I had to work until midnight and was a bit scared driving home throught the storm.
It was not THAT bad driving though.
Luckilly, the area here was not so badly damaged like places in western europe.
I pittied every soul that did not have a roof over their head during this night!
From what you can read above, some places and people had it really tough!

I wonder: Tasmania, you probably have summer now, right?

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer