Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

ive recently started designing my own patterns first i started with big bears and managed quite well.ive started designing minis(ive done a couple allready)but now im trying to give them muzzles and keep ending up with pointy noses and no neck...arrrrrrrgghhhh!!!!!!its enough to make a grown woman cry like a little baby...lol. and legs..no dont even get me started on legs(too skinny)

is there certain things that need to be done differently when designing minis (compaired to bigguns)
am i just insane?(no..dont answer that!)

i dont have a scanner but if it would help someone explain it to me ill draw a pattern with paint and pm it to them and maybe they could let me know where ive gone wrong

thats if anyone has time ofcourse

oh i feel calmer allready just from writing this down!!
thanks for listining to me vent.. bear_grin
Natasha

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I've got literally hundreds of patterns for fabric minis in storage, as I designed a couple of kit lines and made only minis for a dozen years. PM me your sketch. Do you have a digital camera? That's how to get the ideas sent around the quickest.

rkr4cds@comcast.net

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

I'll be happy to take a look. Email them to me as I don't check in as often as I'd like.
I find designing minis a lot different. The proportions are definately different than for big bears. Arms and legs need to be fatter, everything needs to be exaggerated for them to come out well.

Board footer