Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I know this was mentioned somewhere else in a message but I can't find it. I have waxed the nose of one of my bears and when I removed the tape from around the nose somehow wax had made it's mark just under the left side of the nose. Help how do I deal with this?

Jane.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Another hairdressing tip....wax comes off hair with oil... we use almond oil...but any oil would do....just use a cotton bud very, very  carefully...it might be worth a try...

I've never tried it on a bear..but it comes off a treat on people...they do it in beauty salons all the time...with leg wax...it's the same thing!!

Jenny

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Jane, another way is to freeze the little guy.  Wax will pop right off anything it is attached to, if frozen.  I don't know about residue tho.  I would think that once the big portion of wax is removed, you should be able to take a needle or small brass brush and work the residue right out.
Nancy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OK I have to ask.....

is a cotton bud the same as a Q-Tip? bear_laugh

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

No Dilu...you have to go out the cotton fields and pick a bud off of one of the plants...  bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha!  Sassy, Shantell!

I have decided to become British.  This is the second time I've seen someone say some permutation of, "Works a treat!" this week alone (Jenny, above, and Catherine, the other day.)  I'm working on my accent, even as I type.  Can you hear it???

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

yep...bloody rightch ya are!!!

Speaking of accents...that is one thing that is lacking on this site...can Quy fix that...I wanna hear everyone's accent.  bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Dilu....I think that's what we call them here...cotton buds....and Q-tips too...but mainly cotton buds....!!!??

Jenny

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh no . . . not accents, too!!  Ever hear a Texas twang?  Not very pretty!!! bear_grin bear_grin

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I would scrape what you can get off first with a butter knife  then....
apply a  iron ( low temp)  to the spot you want to remove on the fabric and quickly press a paper towel to " suck up " the wax.....
keep repeating til you can get no more wax off...
then iron the rest INTO the fabric ...this works well too if you somehow spill colored candle wax onto carpeting....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sue Ann, good point; you're in Texas.  Are you from there?  Do you have an accent?

I think we should have a TEDDY TALK convention so we can get together.  Heck, there's a Yahoo group (BAG -- Bear Artist Group) that has one; each year they alternate US or UK.  I even saw them advertise it in Teddy Bear Club International, the one I received yesterday.  Why not us?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh yes, I am a Texas native . . . born in Abilene, TX, out in what's called "Big Country" . . . on the central west Texas plains.  Big time nasal, twangy, Texas talkers out there - right, Roxanne??!!

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

well, I think ' y'all tauk funny'

ellen ontario, canada

SHELLI - YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID "ME ACCENT".
tsk tsk.
(depending on what part of the uk you're going to be from...of course!)
bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Blimey!  Methinks I've got to work harder!  Maybe I should just try talking like a pirate, or spend more time reviewing Penny's posts.  She writes more UK dialect than most people speak, "me thinks!"

I can see it will a long haul for me in this.

Tally ho!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yup, we DO tawk funny, y'all!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Heres a saying from Stoke, Staffordshire, England. We are situated between Manchester and Birmingham.

'Cos na kick a bow agen the wool an bost it'.

This will give you the old Stoke accent if you read it as written. Translated it is 'Can you kick a ball against the wall and burst it'. bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Where does the "s" in "cos" come from?  How do you UK types get "s" from the word, "Can?"  Yer a bunch of nuts over there, methinks.

I am practicing very hard, but think I may need a dialect coach.

:D:D:D:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Oh boy, this is so funny I must learn to speak English.  bear_happy;);););)

Jane.... born n' bred in Bradul  aka Bradwell, Milw-t-un keynes aka  Milton Keynes bear_happy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Whoops I forgot to say thanks for the tips on how to remove the wax. I will try tomorrow...I'll let you know how I get on.

Jane.

Board footer