Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

This is a great idea, I would also like to see Bid4Bears do well. I will commit a bear a week for April & May. Nancy, I have sent you a PM.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I will try and make a few gollies ahead of time, simply because like many of you I am not able to work that fast....my last golly took 3 weeks-granted a lot was research....(I should have researched a bustle, dar n)

but I can do some up ahead of time.

LauraLynn:  This week I posted on e-bay, and its the first time I used one of those $20 thingys for extra exposure, and it certainly helped me so far, I have never had quite this many watchers, ( yeah like two and I was over the moon), nor have I had such a high bid so soon....ok not so high for you guys, but high for me.  So I think perhaps they do work- at least for exposure.

But what do I know?  Got a pea brain just like my gollies!

What?  You don't believe me?

well you could always look inside one.......... :crackup:

dilu

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Dilu that is AWESOME!!!   I do use that fee occasionally myself... and just consider it an extra advertising expense!  But if it's too expensive for one to use all the time... then don't bear_original

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

I also think this is a great idea.   Yes, it will take committment on the part of a group to get it going and noticed as an alternative to ebay..   Iam willing to get going on some bears to have ready by April.  I have listed before on Bid4Bears and had lots of lookers but no sales.  But I think with a big promotion with quality fresh bears  like with the lemonade deal it could work...  I am willing to give it another try because I really would like to see it fly..    Janet

I am pulling this back up to the top of the posts-so that it will remain in our minds that there is an alternative to e-bay, and we all have the opportunity to submit our work to an exclusive and elite bunch of serious bear collectors.

I for one am hoping to turn one into a golly collector or maybe even two, why not?

Teddies best bud and all that!

So for all the grousing and complaining we have all done over ebay-here's quite possibly our last chance to make a go of Bid 4 Bears.

No!  It isn't up to Nancy Tillberg to promote and show up at the appropriate time, work in hand.  She already did the work.  She created the site.

It is up to us to consistently and dilligently have the quality of work available and on the board for the serious kind of collectors we say we want.

And Nancy doesn't really care if you cant commit.  Because it is You, the bear artist and creator who will beneifit from this site.  So if you can only do 2 bears you are still more likely to benenfit from this trial period than if you don't do any bears.

What a gift this site could be for all of us.  I really hope you will take advantage of this opportunity

gollyhugs to all who try
dilu

sarahjane Brisbane

Thanks for pulling this back up Dilu....I'm in for a bear a week at the time (working on them now so I can!!)  bear_grin

K Pawz Guest

I just thought of something, but will probably get lost down here, for bid4bears couldn't everyone who lists on B4B add the link under their signature? That way it is just a click away and that much easier?

Hugs,
Krista

In the heady celebratory feeling of the board i was afraid this would get lost, so i am bringing it back....many of us made committments---just reminding us about them.

bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   Ahhh Dilu you beat me to it...I was just about to do this...Great minds think alike!!!  bear_original

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I am certainly all for supporting Bid4bears but must also say I was very disappointed to see how few people participated in the Winter Whites Challenge. I sure hope many more will participate in the one bear per month or whatever you can manage. Having said that we all have busy lives but if this option is to be there for us we have to support it
Hugs
Gail

Pages:

Board footer