Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Kidsandteddy The kids and teddy too
Lincoln Ca.

Thank you Shel and everyone else. It is very hard for me to throw myself out there. My husband has
always said "You need to toot your own horn".  bear_original 
I am very thrilled !!!

Hugs
Bonnie

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.

I entered the Polar bear "Journey" but haven't heard so am assuming it was not nominated.  4.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ed, that piece is FABULOUS!  Did you sculpt the fairy, too?  Thanks for sharing this great picture!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Well, I certainly would have hated being a judge!!! How in the world would you pick? Not only is there incredible amount of talent displayed, but so many different styles. Lovely work everyone!

Ed, I love your polar bear and fairy! I saw it on your website.

Here's mine. I sculpted the puppet.

Figaro.JPG

He didn't get nominated but he's still my favorite bear I've made. I fell in love with him during the process because I really enjoyed seeing an image in my head come together in my hands,and I had such fun combining my new passion of sculpting with bear design (my first love).

K Pawz Guest

WOW!!! I bet it was a hard call for the judges...Everyone's work is mind blowing!!!!

Hugs,
Krista

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Thank you for starting this thread....  bear_shocked My goodness, now I'm REALLY pleased I wasn't a judge!  bear_shocked   There's absolutely no way I could pick from these ....each and every one of them I want to bring home  bear_wub

:clap:  :clap: Bravo to everyone who entered!!!  :clap:  :clap:  It takes a lotta guts to put forth your entries   bear_thumb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

WOW!!  Lots of eye candy to see here!! bear_thumb The judges must have had a difficult time of it......I don't envy them that at all! bear_shocked

Well, I'm still a bit bummed I didn't get a nomination, but am so happy for those who did! :hug:  :hug:    Anyway, here's the three entries I sent in: Henri, Mandi, and Flynn & Zephyr.

henri82a.jpg

mandi82a.jpg

flynnbee12a.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tracy, I MUST have one of your bears.  Simple as that.  Any of those still available?

Iowa
Website

bear_wub Hee hee.....thanks Shel!  Sorry though.....all of them are sold.  But there will be more! bear_grin

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

They are all absolutely fabulous and all winners in my book  bear_wub  bear_wub   There is so much work done on all of them, I'm amazed.
bear_thumb

Bear hugs
carola

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow all the bears are fantastic and what a terribly hard job it must have been judging and picking the winners.

Thanks for sharing your bear photos.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and these are the ones that didnt make the cut. 
They are all exceptional works of art. The skill needed to make these is openly on display.
CONGRATULATIONS to you all for such exceptional work and for keeping the standard of bear making so amazingly high :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
bear_flower Wendy

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Beauty%20and%20the%20Nerd.jpg
Beauty%20and%20the%20Nerd_close-up.jpg

BEAUTY AND THE NERD I entered in the mini undressed category. They were nominated!

kingmouse.jpg
KING MOUSE I entered in the mixed media category. He did not make it.

Congratulations to all nominated and thank you for sharing all your pictures!! Nominated or not nominated..to me they all look like winners!
Toy Toy Toy!
Berta
www.threadteds.com

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Congratulations on your nomination, Berta! All three of them are great and I am glad you got nominated!
Aeri

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Tracy: Nominated or not Flynn and Zephyr will always have my vote! bear_thumb
Really  though,  I think you'll have to have a word with them.........they keep flying through the house at night when overyone's asleep! You know those faries always up to something! bear_happy

P.S. they both say "Hi MOM!"

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
AndreaM

Iowa
Website

Darn, Berta's pictures aren't coming up for me. bear_sad  But congratulations on your nominations Berta! bear_thumb   I will have to wait to see pics I guess......darn it!!

Tracy: Nominated or not Flynn and Zephyr will always have my vote! 
Really  though,  I think you'll have to have a word with them.........they keep flying through the house at night when overyone's asleep! You know those faries always up to something! 

P.S. they both say "Hi MOM!"

:crackup:  :crackup: Ha ha!!  I couldn't control them here either Andrea!!!  Busy, busy, busy.......all the time. bear_rolleyes   You tell them 'MOM' said to behave!  They won't listen though.......naughty fairies!!  bear_angry :crackup:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Here is Bindi...this is my other entry..the one that didn't make it!!

I just want add that before I made this bear I did discuss with Aeri the fact that early last year I had planned to make an Indian bear..so when she posted her bear early this year I was a bit concerned as I had done all the research and the planning for this bear, who I'd earmarked for the awards. We agreed I should go ahead and make the bear..although the theme is similar it's a different slant on the idea...

Here she is anyway...!!

bindi2face72c.jpg
newbindi72copyc.jpg

And this is Suzie..I entered her just because I like her alot!!

suzysidecopy.jpg

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Guys,
OK, here are my entries that didn't make it.  I actually think they are better bears than the one that DID get a TOBY nomination, but I'm not complaining bear_grin   And anyone who comes to Hugglets in February will be able to see Koko-San as I will have him on my stand - he's not for sale though; I made him for myself.
Hugs,
Christine

Here is Koko-San, the Origami Master - he is 16":

panda9a.jpg

and here is Little Bear Blue, who was 8"
lbb1a.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Honeythundercomp.jpgBistocomp.jpgWow!!!  What a heap of absolutely gorgeous un-nominated bears!  It just goes to show, it is either your turn, or it isn't!  Those judges must have had a really hard time. 

I wasn't going to show my entries on TT out of respect for their owners, as both bears sold straight after I made them and I didn't want the owners to feel any possible sense of disappointment in their bears ... but in light of the amazing standard of un-nominated entries, I'm proud to stand among you and 'come out'!  Some of you will know these bears already, so, here's Bisto (laughing bear) and Honeythunder.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

They are all absolutely fabulous!

I'm glad I wasn't a judge either! Some of the ones that didn't make it most definately SHOULD have made it in my eyes!!

Christine, I can't wait to meet Koko-San at Hugglets! I will probably be in front of your stand for a good hour admiring the bears....still one of my biggest dreams to own a Christine Pike bear......  :pray:  bear_tongue

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
Pumpkin & Pickle Bears wrote:

Christine, I can't wait to meet Koko-San at Hugglets! I will probably be in front of your stand for a good hour admiring the bears....still one of my biggest dreams to own a Christine Pike bear......  :pray:  :P

Aaah, Gemma, that is so kind of you!!  And dreams CAN come true, you know!! bear_grin

Paula - your bears are fabulous!!!  I especially LOVE Bisto and can see why he sold so quickly!!

Hugs to all the hugely talented people who have posted their bears here - it is a real revelation of the level of artistry and skill of TT members :clap:

Chrisx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks Chris ... that's a lovely hug for my bruised ego!!  bear_wub  :rose:

By the way, Koko-San is fabulous!  And what a great way to celebrate your own artistry - it's rare that we are able to find time to make anything for ourselves, so I love that Koko-San is just for you!!  I look forward to taking a peek at Kensington ... see you there for a proper natter!  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Gorgeous eye candy everyone...
Jenny, I love Bindi!  My sister is a belly dancer and she loved Aishwarya by Aerianna...can't wait to show her Bindi too

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow!!! What amazing bears!!  It really does show that the standard of the entries is so amazingly high, and that it is impossible to predict what will get a nomination and what won't.
Berta, Paula, Jenny and Christine - I have bears by all of you in my personal colleciton, so I admit I am particularly partial to your creations, but I am sat here drooling over your entries, nominated or not!  They really are stunning.  What talent!!!
Tracy - I love your bears - they are so unique.  Your bears are definitely on my wish list!!!

Here are my two entries that were both lucky enough to be nominated:

Moonbeam_Toby_Entry_1.jpg

Jessica_Toby_Entry_1.jpg

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: These are positively gorgeous and awe inspiring!!!!   bear_shocked  bear_wub

I really loved Bindi and little Suzie  bear_wub   I soooo wanna give them a hug  :hug:

:clap: Wonderful work  :clap: ...and truly pleased I wasn't having to pick!!   bear_grin

Board footer