Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

What do y'all use to shade the face of your mini? The area is so dang small on mine but I want to add character. I am using a synthetic cashmere from Sassy. This isn't for one of my felties, I am doing a traditional bear.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I like just a few dots or smudges of color with a Pigma Micron marker.  They are made by Sakura Color Products Corp of Japan.  They are permanent, waterproof, and light fast.  They do only come in a handfull of colors... there is a nice brown, a black and a lovely dark sepia shade.  Oh... and they come lots of VERY fine widths... down to a 005... which is almost TOO small to use!  Hardly ever get to say that... TOO small!   :crackup:

Kim Basta

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Thanks Kim, that is exactly the pen I used.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Good Jennifer!  I've been using these pens since I started making bears... not terribly long ago... but they do still look nice and fresh almost four years later... even when displayed in my sunlit and really harshly lit studio.   bear_thumb

Kim Basta

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Yes, they withstand the test of time. I use them to sign quilts as well.

Come to think of it, I have sketches from college (graphic design) done with these pens, mid 80's, and the artwork still look clean.

P.S. Kim, your latest bear is stunning. Really a gorgeous piece. I can't stop looking at it.  bear_flower

Board footer