Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi There! I'm a 9 week old male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier who just got adopted by Daphne & her hubby. (I call 'em Mommy and Daddy... they are spoiling me rotten and I love it!)

Here I am at 5 weeks old. I was born in Iowa:
Puppy5wks.jpg

And here I am just a few hours after mommy and daddy picked me up at the airport on Wednesday.... I flew to NH all by myself.... a total of 8 hours of travel so I was pretty pooped!
PuppyDecksm.jpg PuppyCratesm.jpg

They say I'm a sweetheart.... full of tail wags and kisses. I love to snuggle! But I miss my siblings and am still trying to figure out this other puppy here, Tucker, also a Wheaten Terrier, but he's older than me. He's 14 months.

Mommy and Daddy are having a hard time agreeing on a name for me and personaly, I haven't like anything they've called me yet... except for "Schnookums" and "Cutiepie" but how embarassing that would be if my friends heard! Could you help them come up with ideas for a name for me?

BothKit2sm.jpg  WhatsThatsm.jpg

A bit about Wheatens: They originated in Ireland, are happy-go lucky dogs who love people, other animals and kids. They keep their puppylike personalities all their lives.

I'd like a name that doesn't sound like Tucker so I won't get confussed when they call me. And remember, I'm a 'HE'! bear_original  Any ideas???

Thank you!

Puppy

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh he is such a sweetie!!!  Congrats on such a beautiful boy!  How is Tucker coping?

I thought you were going to call him Bailey, or am I completly confused?  I'm sorry, I have no idea for names..I'm sure you'll come up with something very fitting!

He is adorable!
Danni
P.S - how is your hand coming along?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We had thought of a few names before we 'met' him... now we're not sure about those and need new ideas!

Hand is coming along great. I had stitches out today and surgeon was happy with progress. I figure another week and I'll be pain free and sewing like crazy! Yippee!

Thanks for asking, Danni!
Daphne

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

He's adorable....I want one!!!!

You can name him Shantell....it could work bear_grin bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

What a cuttie!!! he looks so funny!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne your new puppy is precious.  What a sweet face he has.  He looks so tiny next to Tucker too !

Here are some names I came up with ( I'm terrible at names though :o)
Dawson
Darby
Amos
Ranger
Kibbles
Baxter
Snickers
Bently
Dodger
Waggs
Benji
Skippy
Cassidy
Or....how about naming him after some place in Iowa where he was born ???

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Daphne, he is adorable!!  I love, love babies! 

Cody
Jody
Joby
Coby
Webster
Wesley
Ashley
Barry
Baxter
Brady
Hunter
Keaton
Randy
Skyler
Taylor

Oh, sorry . . . I just love to think of names!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne you got him at last bear_original  He is soooo adorable I want one!
As Danni asked, is Tucker coping? lol.  My Nala was great when I got my puppy Kira...she took on the mummy role(but hated Kira biting her boobs lol). 
But boy some dogs can get very jealous lol!!

I was thinking Tyler goes well with Tucker, but they do end the same...So funny with my dogs that they know each others names...if I say where is Nala? Kira will go and fish her out lol.

Good luck with the names..I spent a week naming Kira and went to lots of baby name sites.

Glad you hand is coming around too.  bet you can't wait to get going again

hugs to you and both your babies bear_original
sarah

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Daphne he is aDORable!!!!! 

When I name my bears I look thru a pet name book I have... but I also check online too!

Here's a link to a list of Irish pet names:
http://www.namenerds.com/irish/dog.html

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I know its not original but he looks like a Benji!

Jane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_laugh Oooo, I knew you guys would come up with some good ideas!!

I love Baxter! And Cody was my first choice after meeting him and deciding Bailey didn't fit him. Henry wants to name him Timmy.... not my first choice... so I'm trying to come up with as many other names as possible. If he named our dogs they'd be Buddy and Pal! Seriously!!! bear_rolleyes I picked Tucker's name so I'm trying to let Henry think he's picking this puppy's name! (I know, I'm awful!)

I'd thought of Tyler but, though not a bad thing, could think of no one else but Steven Tyler from Aerosmith... his summer home is up the street from us!

Shantell - thanks for sharing your name but I'd hate to be yelling his name at him when he's in trouble and it be YOUR name!! :)

This shouldn't be a hard thing! Sarah, I'm glad to know it took you a week to come up with a name!

As for Tucker: Wednesday night he started out with this excessive drooling thing and heavy panting. Our behaviorist said it's fear. Of an itty bitty puppy? Paleeze! So we kept them separated as much as possible and gave Tucker lots of attention, reminding him he's top dog. Thursday I took him to doggie day care so he came home too tired to care much about the puppy. Today they played in the yard, sort of.... Tucker is still very put out by puppy's existence and tried to mount him once, showing who's boss. Tonight he brought the puppy a toy tho' wouldn't quite let go of it and finally took it back and layed down with it just out of reach of the puppy. TEASE! So, he's being a bit of a jerk but I think in another week or two they'll be buddies! The puppy has tried to curly up next to Tucker but Tucker just bolted! Tucker gets so nervous about the puppy that all the muscles in his neck and head get so tense his head starts quivering. Tucker, by the way is a puppy mill puppy with lots of mental issues!

I'm going to add some of these names to the list and now I'm off to check out the website Laura gave. Thanks, Laura!

Daphne

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Daphne, I was teasing anyway....it's so hard to come up with the perfect name...I'm terrible at it.  I'm sure his name will just come when it's right...that's usually the way it happens...they practically name themselves.

Can hardly wait to hear what you decide :D

Shantell

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh poor Tucker!! Just try to remember to give Tucker loads of attention - I know it's hard when there is a new baby in the house!

Dogs are much better than cats though, cats really freak out when there's a new addition to the family!

Danni

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Daphne, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh your puppy is sooooo cute, I was hoping to see photos.  Really glad to hear your hand is getting better.  I was thinking of Paddy or Finn for your sweet puppy, taking him back to his irish roots (I am part Irish and have lots of family in Ireland).  Have fun playing and give Tucker a big hug from me too so he doesn't feel left out :)

Big puppy hugs,
Catherine

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya, how about these names:

1. Max
2. Jake 
3. Buddy 
4.Bailey 
5. Sam 
6. Rocky 
7. Buster 
8. Casey 
9. Cody 
10. Duke 
11. Charlie 
12. Jack 
13. Harley 
14. Rusty 
15. Toby 
16. Murphy 
17. Shelby 
18. Sparky 
19. Barney 
20. Winston

I just love the pictures of your new puppy, give him a hug from his Auntie Jane and one for lovely Tucker, Oh ok then, one for Daphne! ;););)

Glad to hear that your hand is feeling a lot better.

Jane.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I vote for Smudge as he looks like someone has gone mad airbrushing his muzzle.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi,
That certainly is a cutie. I want to share the name my step-son always said he wanted to use if his mom would let him have a dog.  It was D.O.G. to be pronounced Dee-OH-Gee with the accent on on the OH.  Always sounded kind of Italian to me.
TTFN:D
Amy

PS As it was they got a dog and named it Pete.

ellen ontario, canada

he looks like a Garry to me!
bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You gals are coming up with terrific names!

We're still undecisive! Well, we can't agree is more like it.

Keep 'em coming!!! bear_grin bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Well, when we got our first whippet we named her Cleopatra cause she was so elegant and Egyptian looking.  When we got the next 2 we kept with the same theme (Athena and Isis.... as Cleopatra was actually a Greek and NOT Egyptian... yes, we did a lot of research to name our dogs bear_grin )  Can you think of anything to "go with" Tucker?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

"Nip" and "Tucker" ?????:lol::/:/

Maybe not.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am purposefully avoiding a vote for the rhyming partner to "Tucker..." bear_laugh

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Daphne - the new puppy is so adorable and what a clever boy travelling all that way on his own.
A good Irish name would be Danny boy or Bailey after the  Irish Baileys tipple!
So glad to hear that your hand is getting better.
We look forward to hearing the name of "your new Puppy"!

Hug
Carolyn
bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

OHHHH bear_laugh  What a cutie Daphne, I am not going to give any names, its too hard when you don't know the pups character and not met him in person, good luck, and tell us what you name him.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

How about "Teddy"???:lol:
Such a cutie!!

Lynne

Board footer