Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tynnateddy sault ste marie

Ok guys ....I know that cording is for around the eyes but my question is where do i get some and is there a specific size I need and also do any of you have what I have seen listed as owl eyes???? They look kinda neat !!!
Bear Hugs
Tynna

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I buy mine at Walmart.  It is leather cording and the size I buy is 1mm.  You should also be able to buy it at Michaels!

Can't help you on the owl eyes!

Jane

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Tynna: buying cords for making eyelids is tricky stuff. It depends on the size of the bear. I think Jane's suggestion about Walmart or Michaels is a good one. If you make mini's you have to get creative and use other things like I found this hideous necklace at a garage sale but it was made of the thinnest leather cords that was the size of upholstery thread but it was leather (and so bendable to boot). That is how thin it was.  I think it would make delicious eyelids for minis. I bet you could find it in jewelry making supplies....Do an internet search if Michaels does not have what you want.

Thanks gals will have to try Wal-Mart as there is no Michaels here I could only wish hehehe and the other choice here is Fabricland and well let me just say I,m so irritated with them... first I went on November 6 2006 to buy joints for my bears none in stock and I thought ok it happens but it is now January 28 2007 and they still have none in stock ...I go down there and I call and they say just keep checking (will have to see if I can find some in bulk) secondly when i asked them for ultrasuede they looked at me like I had 10 heads and rudely said uh we do not sell that here! I thought ok this is Fabricland right.....I think I will be scared to ask them about cording !!!!! LOL
Thanks Again
Hugs Tynna bear_original

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Tynna I have sent you a PM

hugs

Shane

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Tynna,

I sent you a PM!

Jane

Jane I pm,d u back !!!
Tynna

Shane I just pm,d u back too!!!
Hugs Tynna

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

Of course jewellery making is kind of hot here in The Netherlands, so that is why I can find these cords so easily nowadays.

I hope you'll be able to find what you need.

Ellen :rose:

Hi Ellen,
You are so right!!!  On our recent trip to Amsterdam I bought some wonderful beads that I can't find anywhere else.  Unfortunately, the shop doesn't have a website yet...

I use various thicknesses of leather cord too, in black and brown.  the brown is nice for lighter-coloured bears as the black can look a bit harsh against pale colours.
Hugs,
Christine

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Ellen,
I'm working on it!!!  bear_thumb
Hugs,
Chris

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

eBay sells leather cord, if you get stuck.

Board footer