Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

My most recent effort: I've scheduled a trunk show at a quilt shop for May. I've never done a trunk show before so I'm very excited about it and have a lot of details to iron out! Together the shop owner and I are going to heavily promote this event. This ought to be a great way to promote artist bears and build awareness.

Anyone else done anything recently to help, in even the smallest of ways, promote artist bears?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's pretty cool Daph, but I have to admit I'm not sure what a 'trunk show' is.

Am I doing anything.....only planning a bear show..........LOL

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, let us know how to you get on, good luck.  :hug:

I have been doing bear demo's the last two weekends and talking to interested onlookers at our craft co-operative group events our group is a mixed craft group.  I have mainly been discussing what artists bears are and showing how they are made, its amazing what people tell you about their own bear collections and they do generally want to know where else they can find them, so awareness is the key alot don't know where we are.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Well now you come to mention it, I DID give a talk to my 5 year old son's class last week!! They were all totally intrigued for the 40 minutes I spoke to them for and HOPEFULLY I have planted the bear collecting seed into a few of them!

This coming Friday I will be doing my filmed interview with Kirste McCool (TBCI) and I will be promoting the internet channel on my website.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

cropped180.jpg

Well I did a small part the other day. I had to take my friend Sue to have an operation at the hospital and while I was in the waiting room I worked on teddy bears . And with mine being so small I captured the attention of several ladies. I gave out 3 business cards, they wanted to look at my web sight. And I always carry a mini photo albumen in my purse so they looked at that also.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow! Great work ladies!
Gemma, your interview sounds exciting.
Demos are such a wonderful way to really get people interested. Regardless of where or who the audience is! No matter how technical the world becomes, we're still a hands on bunch and love to SEE things being done!

A trunk show is when, in this case, an artist makes a guest appearance at a retail shop with a 'trunk full' of their work to display and sell and often times does a demonstration or is there to answer questions. Steiff did a series of trunk shows last year with a rep from Steiff accompanying the product to local shops as a meet and greet sort of thing. This is an excellent way to build awareness, demo and sell all in one place in one day without the fee of a booth at a show and without having to pay the shop commission (or at least in my case). It's a way to bring new people to the shop as well and may result in sales for them so it's a win-win. I'll let ya know how it goes. We've set the day for May 5th.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Every time someone walks into my house they see my bear collection and ask about them. It gives me a chance to promote artist bears.  I also gave a set to a dear feiend for her wedding.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears
Pumpkin & Pickle Bears wrote:

This coming Friday I will be doing my filmed interview with Kirste McCool (TBCI) and I will be promoting the internet channel on my website.

Gracious - Can I have your autograph  :crackup:  :crackup:

Sorry - my lickel joke - I bet thats brilliant - let us know how you get on. :dance:

Board footer