Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Joseph Campbell just told me that the BEAR is the oldest known 'diety' worshipped on earth.  It dates back pre-Druid, pre 1500 BC.

And still we love them....;)

Just thought you'd like a little trivia.

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hmmm . . . thanks for that bit of knowledge, Dilu!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Di, where on earth do you get your wonderful little snips of knowlege!
Wonkydoodleydoo I find all these little bits of info interesting! more please! :)

Jane.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Dilu,
Thanks for the little trivia. :)
I like hear more !!! hehe

Bear Hugs/Marie

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I love trivia..When I use to work  a stressful job as a care provider..(when  did I ever stop ?) we management people use to come up with a " trivia for the day "just to keep things on the lighter side......it got to be a regular thing with us. If we did not have one we were expected to make one up then say " truth or not "?...he, he...Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Winney my friend, yu make me laugh- truth or not-

I don't know if this latest is truth or not, however Joeseph Campbell is renowned for his studies on myths and mythology and mythology is nothing if not the study of religion and spiritual beliefs. 

This little tidbit came from a program he was giving on PBS

You all know, don't you, that everything you have ever come into contact with you, is still there....it is still in your brain- you never really forget anything-you forget how to accsess it.

That's the part I have trouble with.....

dooopylu

Board footer