Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

First thing I did was make sure that discussing the rules was not against the rules... I think I'm OK on that  bear_original

Just wanted to say "thank you" to any decision makers involved for the new forum rules.  I think the zero tolerance policy for rule violations is an *excellent* idea, and was indeed necessary.

I have but one question.  While the accessibility of private messages is addressed in the new rules, is there an official policy on "making public" the content of private messages? 

Back to the bears now, right?  :pray:
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No official policy on that at this point, Kelly.  The hope is that respect for the "private" part of "private message" will be fully respected going forward.  That applies to all TT participants and to not just direct quotes of private message, but to summaries of private messages which are especially susceptible to subjective distortion in the retelling.

Otherwise, you're welcome. bear_original

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I say a big "thank you" as well.  What a blessing.   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks for the rules but please let me know if I do something wrong by mistake, I really don't want to be bumped off because I am stupid !!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

This is fantastic. I think it is exactly what TT has needed. 

Thanks to everyone who put all of this together, I can imagine it was a mammoth task!
Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jodi, you're not "stupid."  Silly rabbit.

But even if you were "stupid" please know that neither you nor anyone else will EVER be bumped from TT  for making inadvertent missteps and honest mistakes.  We're all human here.

More likely it will be the case that misplaced posts will be moved and now you'll understand why... and that posts which are negative and derogatory will be deleted without notice and at Admin's sole discretion, which you'll also now understand is part of the official policy here going forward.  More likely it will be the case that an Advisor privately reminds someone that they're treading close to rule breaking, and the best part is that now the readership will clearly understand that such reminders are a part of our job here... but that mediating personal problems between members is not.  And so on.

We'll be able to recognize, I think -- and by "we" I mean not just Admin and Advisors at TT but hopefully the viewing public as well -- the difference between honest mistakes and purposeful violation of policy.

No worries!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Thank you to all of the admins, advisors and owners of TT.  I truly appreciate each of you and your efforts to provide a positive place for our industry to meet.  I'm grateful for the friendships and opportunities that have presented since becoming a member.  Thank you, truly.  bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thank you very much for the rules and to all the advisors and TT staff.
This is such a fun place to be and I look forward to my visits here.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thanks for clarifying the new rules, Shelli.  It will be nice to be back on track.  Also thanks to all the advisors for their contribution - we really do appreciate it.

hugs,

Brenda

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

I say a big "thank you" as well.  What a blessing.

dido Aleta and a big thank you, to all who work hard here for TT, to make this a place for business and sharing.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

hugs kassie  bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Me too..huge thanks to all the people who put so much time and effort into running TT.  Its much appreciated  :hug:

Board footer