Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

My hubby received this from a friend!
Interesting things you learn if you have sons.
1.  A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.  If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.  A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.  If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.  You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.  The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.  When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

8.  Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.  A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old Boy.

11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12. Super glue is forever.

13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15. VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20. The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.

21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24. 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

25. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA!  True, true, true.  Every last word.  bear_original  Thanks for sharing!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Oh how funny......and true!!!  A couple of those sound very familiar bear_whistle  bear_grin .........

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

That's hilarious and very true and I know exactly who to pass it on to LOL! :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Boys...gotta love 'em!
My son filled my clothes iron with Coca Cola slurpee and turned it on...don't ask! bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_shocked

Cheryl bear_flower

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Oh I love it  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  No wonder I panic when it gets quiet round here... bear_ermm

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Too funny and so true! Yep, I'm part of the 80% that sent this onward to friends and family. bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   I had two girls . . . a whole different set of interesting things to learn.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

peanuts.jpgSons...boy...I have sooooooooo many stories....I could fill an entire thread.

Here's one I documented because I knew someday it would make me laugh. Although at the time, when i was throwing the vacuum across the front lawn and yelling obscenities because all the peanuts jammed it up, I wasn't laughing. And this photo was before it was bad. He dumped more out and rolled in them. The whole room was static cling with green peanuts including our black poodle.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I can especially relate to the ones involving fire.  We bought my son a magnifying glass.  It took him about 2 minutes to discover that he could start fires with it.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup: so funny, and how true is the last one...I still can't believe that my brother in law dares my nephew to do things!  Boys will be boys I suppose  bear_wacko   Least my nephew has sense to not take up the challenges  bear_ermm

Dilu Posts: 8,574

LOL my hubby is all excited having read this over my shoulder....analyzing the toxicity of the smoke and how he can do this safely....uh oh...

Hysterical-we reconginzed the little boy you spoke of-thank God he's 35 and in NYNY now!

niceynicegollyhugs

dilu

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
the dizzy cat is a bit worrying...........hehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhhahahahahah

good one Charlotte bear_thumb

Board footer