Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I got a blue ribbon, red ribbon, a rosette & a trophy at the coastal doll & bear competition here in WA. I am well & truly chuffed.     AND  the patchwork square that I summited for the quilt for the  citizenship day celebration is to be unveiled on Thursday in Canberra. It's a bugga I couldn't accept the invitation, would have loved to have gone. Oh well...
It is one of a 140 that werechosen to make a quilt. I'm happy happy happy!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is so exciting and wonderful.  You must be so thrilled.  A huge congratulations on all of the ribbons and awards.  Well done too on the quilt patch.  Can you share pictures of these creations ?

k015.gif

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow!! That is exciting!! Congratulations Matilda, Good for you!!!!!!!

WA

Can't post pics just yet. Am working on it. I'm just bursting at the seams to skite.:lol::lol::rolleyes: I've been having a really great week.:cool:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Congratulations, Matilda.  I hope you're creating a shadow box or ribbon wall or something to really honor those achievements.  I'm making a gigantic whoop-te-do about my recent one, myself. 

What were the categories for your ribbon placements?  And can you tell us more about the competition?  I'm always eager to learn about bear-related stuff, even if it is in Australia.

On a separate note, I am rethinking my switch to UK accent and might decide to become an Australian instead.  I'm really chuffed about that! bear_laugh  But it is a bugga I can't be both, simultaneously.

I would also include some kind of comment using the phrase, "I'm just bursting at the seams to skite."  But I've gotta tell ya, I can't figure out what the heck that means.

I love my international friends.  Thanks for broadening my world. bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful for you, Matilda!!!  We are so very proud of your accomplishments!  Hope you can post those pics . . . I'm excited to see them.  Again . . . big congrats!!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Congratulations Matilda, looking forward to the pictures!

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Congratulations Matilda, looking forward to the pictures too! I know how you must be feel as I won an award this year as well.:)
Lynn

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

A great big {{{{{{{ Congratulations Matilda }}}}}}}}}

I can hardly wait to see the pictures.  To have won so many ribbons, they must be fabalatosa!!  Is that close to anything Auzzie?

Shelli, you can't become an Australian...everyone knows that Californians NEVER move from their perfect climate. :cool:
  But us Georgians, now that is a cat of a different color!  I could be an Austrailian.  :D:D

nanc........

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awesome!!:D

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Congratulations!  Post pics when you can. 

I don't know what "skite" means either.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

WAY TO GO MATILDA

Congrats....I wasn't quite sure what 'chuffed' meant, but but figured it must be good if you were happyX3.

It's a great feeling and we are so very happy for you.  The gollies are doing summersaults all over the living room and scaring the cats to death!

Doesn't sound like you left many catagories unwon!

Good Job!

Congratulatory Golly hugs

Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

nanc*e*bears wrote:

Shelli, you can't become an Australian...everyone knows that Californians NEVER move from their perfect climate

Lady, let me tell you about the "perfect" California weather.  Here in the valley, in northern Cali, in Chico, it got so hot this summer -- routinely over 100 degrees, for weeks and weeks and weeks on end -- that the air conditioner stayed at ON for over a month, just to keep the house at 78 degrees... and my sons room, something LESS THAN 85 (he gets all the afternoon sun, poor baby.)

As a result, that translated into -- now sit down, please -- a $950 PG&E bill, for a two-month period.  Yes, you read right:  nine hundred and fifty dollars just to NOT melt.

I'll move ANYWHERE to get away from that kind of ridiculous utility bill.

But of course, you do realize I'm talking about faking an accent, right?, and not moving.  Did anyone else see the episode of friends where Ross pretends to have an English accent, to gain credibility as a university professor?  Hysterical... but effective!  He did seem more intelligent when speaking that way! ;)

Hugsk,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

YAY!  Congratulations!

Shelli, I can put on an English quite well as it is in my blood being British born.  Coo blimy, and aal that rot.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Big congratulations Matilda - we will look forward  to seeing the photos whe you can post them.

The word skite means to boast or brag, Ladies - your English Australian/NZ down under lesson for today.
Do you not have that word over there?

Aren't the differences of the English language great.

I read an article with Johnny Depp in a TV guide  about - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

When told about the kiwi word for whining (to moan)  - whinging , Johnny's eyes light up as he responds,
"That's a good one. I'll write that down.

Hugs
Carolyn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great news Matilda.  Congrats on your wins.

Here is one for you Shelli and Nanc, see if you can translate this Aussie word - "Grouse".   bear_happy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

TO grouse is to be kinda curmudgeoun-ly and complaining, and A grouse is some kind of bird (I think; it's more fun to guess than look up the accuracy of my answer.)

Am I right on either count? :P:/:D

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Good try Shelli, but it means COOL. 

So you learn't some Aussie slang today.  bear_cool

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

WOW!!!!!!!!!  Way to go Matilda!!!

Since I am a Canberran, I HAVE to know!  Where, what, when and Why -----  regarding your quilt square!  Do tell!!!  Is it going to be at a Citizenship Day Ceromony??

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Matilda!!! :D:lol::D
What a wonderful news ♪
I can't wait to see your creations !!!!!

Shelli, oh no!  a $950 PG&E bill, for a two-month period
is expensive !!! I know my friend who live in Las Vegas
told me that he is paying that much in summer time... :(
Ok, please use Australian English if you want !
he he :P
Hugs/Marie

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

WoooooooooooooooooooooW!!! Matilda, so many awards, vurdervar ! Er..Wounder wal...er
Vunderful ! Durful wunder....  am I getting close ? Oh heck ...Super !!!....Winney

WA

Thankyou All. Yeh just all real beaut yeh know.:lol:
Shelli!!! The most wonderful thing about being an Aussie is that you can be a pom as well.
Ova' ere its expected, cause we're a mongrel mob.
I'm a little distracted. I have a yard full Of ringneck parrots in my garden.  ssshhh... They are just so beautiful. Multi coloured greens , about the size of a galah, but with a really long green tail. They have a bright yellow band around their necks & have the most melodic  trill. It's not a sound that  you would ordinarily attribute to a parrot. Just gorgeous.  Will have pictures of my entire life for you all to puruse to your hearts content by the end of September. I know it's along wayaway. till then spotchis lata(r). I reckon ya all pretty grouse.

WA

ps: I only put in two bears.

FABALATOSA.....I'm not sure mind, but I reckon a word like that would get you deported
I dont no what to say about the show. All coastal entrants. It was nice to meet the people behind the bears. I met a lady by the name of Trudi Grant. Her Polar bear got best of the show. There were lots of oohh's & aahh's when anyone walked by this bear. I did meet alot of other designers , picked their brains. Names I'm afraid I dont remember. Trudi was the only one that made a lasting impression. They were all lovely dont get me wrong.Really nice friendly people.There were a number of artist bears for sale. One young woman had made a bison. All shaggy coat and horns. Excellent work. Picked her brain aswell. Well what can I say , I lovely day had by all. Especially the ladies from geraldton. They won heaps of awards.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Many congrats...would love to see the pictures!!

Jenny

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Matilda : My sister has an indoor pet Ringneck.  He is a little S*** - very naughty.... LOL

Danni

Board footer