Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

HaHaHahAhhHaHaHaHhha:lol:]:lol::lol::lol:
I have a budgy & he can be a little SOB as well.:lol::lol:
Birds are way :cool:cool.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

HIP HIP HOURRAAA to you Matilda bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

matilda wrote:

Thankyou All. Yeh just all real beaut yeh know.:lol:
Shelli!!! The most wonderful thing about being an Aussie is that you can be a pom as well.
Ova' ere its expected, cause we're a mongrel mob.
I'm a little distracted. I have a yard full Of ringneck parrots in my garden.  ssshhh... They are just so beautiful. Multi coloured greens , about the size of a galah, but with a really long green tail. They have a bright yellow band around their necks & have the most melodic  trill. It's not a sound that  you would ordinarily attribute to a parrot. Just gorgeous.  Will have pictures of my entire life for you all to puruse to your hearts content by the end of September. I know it's along wayaway. till then spotchis lata(r). I reckon ya all pretty grouse.

Ummm... huh-what???

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

re: Birds...

I never really thought "bird" when I thought "pet" cause I never thought they were, ya know... cuddly.  And aren't pets supposed to be cuddly?  (Although remember, this comment is coming from a woman who also has an eyelash gecko and a ball python, so I'm obviously confused.)

Anyway... I fell in love with the idea of getting a bird while at an outdoor nursery one day, browsing for plants.  I heard an amazing squawk and discovered a very large (maybe 10x10x10 foot) outdoor screened cage for this giant Amazon parrot.  I forget his name but he lived there, outdoors, at the nursery.

My husband and I walked up to his cage to admire him and he walked over to us, so curious, and started laughing.

"HA hahahahaha HAhahahahaha HAhahahahaha," in this beautiful, hysterical, rhythm.  And then he cocked his head, looked us square in the face, and said, "I LOOOOOOVE it!"

We were completely on the floor and laughing hysterically.  The bird was MOCKING us!  He was too cute.

We've since thought of bringing a big bird home but boy, are those things -- and their cages -- expensive.  I could buy a small car with that kind of cash outlay.  And of course, we were just a smidge worried about how the bird would get along with our four cats -- and vice versa.  All in all, it was decided we'd wait a bit...

But I do envy your bird stories.  Somebody, post a picture!

Board footer