Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

honeypothollow Posts: 30

hi everyone!  i got my first order of sassy fabrics in the mail!  i was so excited that i was doing a dance around the living room!  LOL!!  my husband thought i had lost my mind.  i can't believe how soft it is.  it is incredible.  i am going to get working on a bear today.  i'm so excited.  i want to thank all of you for recommending sassy bears.  i can definately see why all of you love it.  i love the colors.  i got a bunch of the different poly pluish as well as the extra long pile cashmere.  i got a small order to start, just to see if i liked it, and my husband took a look at it, and told me to go back on and order more.  he loved the colors.   

i ordered alot of the different shades of brown.  i also ordered the butter color and marmalade.  do any of you have a color preferrence?  lately, with my big bears, i have been doing alot of the browns and creams.  i have done crazy colors in the past, but am now doing alot of the other.  i can't explain why.  i love the crazy colors, but have just been drawn to the browns.

i also ordered monair from intercal, as well as the cotterpins and discs.  my husband was surprised when he saw how little it had cost.  when he hears mohair, he thinks very expensive.  that order should be here monday.  i can't wait!!! 

thank you all for the advice on fur and where to get it.  it has been a great help.  now, i'm off to start work on my first real mini teddy.  i hope i can do it!  i'll let you know how it comes out, and hopefully be able to put a pick up.  (my husband is kind of busy today, and he is the one who takes the pics)  thanks again!  sorry for the babbling on!

take care everyone!

jen

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

OH BOY !!! OH BOY !!! I understand your excitement !! You don't know what to do first !!! Have a great time figureing it out !!!!

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

thanks!  i sure will.  i had sketched out some pattern ideas before it came.  after i had received it, i went back and redid them.

i have a quick question for you all...how many bears do you get from one piece of the fabric?  i got the 9x9 inch ones.  my bears will be about 3 inches tall. (a rough estimate)

have to go to the store and get a few things for the bears now.  i want to look for the right ribbon and other little bits.  i want this to be so perfect!  my husband is laughing at me.  he thinks that i've flipped!  LOL!!  and just what he loves... another trip to the craft and fabric stores.  i feel so bad.  but, am very greatful that he takes me and believes in me.  LOL!!!  it gets quite fun around here. 

well... off to the store.  then, on to my bear!  YAHOO!!!

jen

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Jen

I love sassys fabric too.  :dance:  :dance:
I get two minies out of one 9 x 9 size 3 inch.

God luck with your mini - can´t wait to see some pics  bear_original

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yea. I was going to say 2 1/2 bears . That 1/2 I do a panda with another color. Like my Valentino.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 87#p182887

jodi he is so cute!  i love him!!!!! thanks for the info about how many bears guys.  good to know for when i am reordering.  well, i'm off to go start a bear.  hubby took me to the store, so now i am all set!

jen

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Hi Jen. A package of bear supplies in the mail is just like Christmas to me. I, too, dance around, look at everything and then continue to caress the mohair. And, I like Marmalade and that would be a geat name of your bear, too.

LOL!!  my son likes to try to snuggle it!  he is a big fan of stuffed animals, but they have to be made of the softest material.   he'll spend an hour at the store, snuggling all of them until he finds the right one.

i am almost done my first bear.  i used the extra long pile cashmere.  so far so good.  as with all first times, there are a few things that i've noticed that i need to work on, but, it is alot better than i thought.  my husband thought i was crazy when he saw  the arm, and realized how small they are.  so, he went out and bought me one of those lamps with the magnifying glass attached.  he was afraid that i'd go blind.  he's too funny.  but i have to admit that it does make life easier.  well, i'm off to finish my first one, and start a new one.  i can definately see why they are so addicting to make.  i love to do it.  and i am so amazed at the detail that can be achieved with the tiny ones.

thank you everyone for your tips and encouragement.  it means alot.

jen

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..oooh, Jen!  Congratulations, you are now a sassy addict!  And can't wait to see your mini!  w00t!

Amelia

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Yay! I got my Sassy fur today too! And I've already dyed one piece mint green for a St. Pattie's bear!!

-Eliza

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I also understand your excitement :dance:  :dance: I just love the Sassy long pile. bear_thumb

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

I can certainly understand the excitement!  bear_original  I ordered some Sassy fur on Sunday, it was here on Wednesday!  WOW!  I LOVE this!  So... what did I do?  Last night... ordered some more:)  I'm kinda sampling my way through all the different types.  Added in some cotter pin joint sets in different sizes, so I can *see* which ones work the way I want (hard to visualize sizes online and *for real* for me),and I'm sure when they get here I'll be doing yet another order!  LOL!  Now to MAKE something, ha ha... I am just enjoying looking at this and feeling it, soooo soft and cuddly! 

Robyn (finally getting back into making critters bear_original

mumka Posts: 80
Website

So you are saying that first plush-mail from Sassy is such an excitment? Yay, now I can't wait even more to get mine!!  bear_grin

Jodi, your Valentino is so cute! And I love his little shiny gold heart, yum :]  bear_happy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thank you !!!

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

Sassy fabric is wonderful!  I made up a bear out of my first batch, while waiting for the second batch to arrive!  SOOO nice to work with!  Easy on the hands (soft, easy to hand stitch) and I just love the bear I made (now to take pics!... which means setting up this whole lightbox set-up DH bought me...trying to find room to put it!)

My second order is just as wonderful!  Thank you Stephanie! 

The best part... my orders arrived in two days!  I hate waiting for things, so Stephanie's fast shipping, and priority mail are fantastic!

Yup... one happy customer, and I'll definitely be back for more!  (DH says I have to use up some of the stuff I have first...silly man, he simply does not understand fabric stashing!)

Robyn in windy, chilly, NJ... where IS SPRING????

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

YEA !!! For fabric staching !!!! I still have some from over 10 years agooooooooooooo  !!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Now wait just a second here!!!!!

You simply must educate your honey....Hoarding away against a rainy day is vital, not only to our peace of mind but the National economy!

Stash away!!!

the nation is depending on us...and isn;t Steph's suff wonderfull for the tiny ones?

Love it

hgus

dilu

are you ordering yet?

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

hee hee hee :crackup:

Let's see... in the attic space over the kitchen I have two HUGE trunks filled with fabric that I have dragged all over for...oh, 20 yrs!  I have fur in there that I used for making my first bears...in Arizona!  LOL. 

In the *little room*  I have five storage containers of various fabrics, and one container filled with little (5" or so) bears for waxing.  In the bedroom, I have four file boxes filled with fabric in the closet, and a full cupboard filled with fabric (armoire), and five more storage containers (the sterilite/rubbermaid types).  In the pool room, I have another four containers (my friend decided to get rid of her stash...six contractor bags full, of COURSE I took it!, then divided it with my MIL).  In the living room, two more behind the sofa, and in the front porch another one. 

And on top of that... LOL, I have this neat container (just right for mini fabrics!  LOL!) filled with a piece of this, a piece of that, and my Sassy fur orders!  hee hee....

And yet, this silly man seems to think I might have ENOUGH?  bear_original

WA

Robyn I want to see you start selling some of the stashed away mohair so I can get my greedy hands on it bear_thumb
Wendy :dance:
SAMPLESMUMSbunny.jpg

This wee bunny is almost finshed. He is 41/2inches standing and is made from Sassy long pile in white.
He is a birthday gift to Mum bear_wub

Penny's Penchants Penny's Penchants
Naicam, Saskatchewan

Oooohhh gals!

You don't know what you have started!

Being a relative "newbie" to TT I just stumbled upon this thread about the "sassy" fabrics and didn't quite understand!

Welllll - I just checked out the "site" - you have gotten me into alot of trouble!   I can hardly wait to place an order!

I have ordered from Intercal, Edinburgh and Emily Farmer but can't wait to try out this selection!

Bad, bad girls!  LOL bear_rolleyes  bear_thumb

Penny

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You wont be sorry for any order placed to Steph's place....and wait till you feel the fabrics....and the sherbert colors are sooooo yummy!!!

enjoy

I know people who still have happy dances routinely, even months and months out from the first order....

Also check out her special supplies for the mini bears-wonderful!

hugs
dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Penny... sounds like you are

HOOKED

!!!!!!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Naicam, Saskatchewan

Oh Jody - and how!

I started making mini's just over a year ago now and am in LLOOOVVVVEEEE! bear_wub

I have had an absolute ball making and selling my minis though I must say it has been hard to part with a few!

The satisfaction that one gets from bringing a critter "to life" is hard to describe - so much better than my boring, ho-hum job  :twisted:  - good thing I have the bears & friends!

Take care gals - going to surf the Sassy site now!  Got my credit card out already - that's a sure sign isn't it!

Penny

WA

OH !! Penny, what have we done??!!!! bear_grin  :dance:  I usually make 6-7 inchers but I always love to do a mini out of Sassy fabric just for the sheer fun of it. I absolutely adore the fabrics. I cant wait to get my hands on some of the new fabric Stephanie has, called "extra long cashmere". Her smokey long pile and Sassy longpile are my personal favourites.  Like alot of others I am working my way through all her fabrics. I want to try them all :dance:  :dance: The Sassy fabrics make mini making a breeze.
Wendy bear_thumb

Naicam, Saskatchewan

That's great to know Wendy!

I have been working my way through all of the "types" on her website - I'd better be ready for this bill when I get ready to order!   :crackup:

There are a few of the polyplush and imported synthetics that have caught my eye  so many different choices - my brain is full!   bear_wacko

Not that I don't already have enough "mini bear fabric" to make a thousand already - I do the "happy dance"  :dance: everytime I get a package in the mail!  Just like Christmas!

Take care and I'll be back!

Penny

Board footer