Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i just recently upgraded to a new viewsonic 22" monitor..anybody have any experience with the wider monitors? i can set up two pages side by side which is cool..but am concerned about how im viewing the clipbrd on my web design now..is there a way to determine the size you are viewing? so i know what i see is what i will publish? deb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh wow!!!  I want one of those!  I have a 19inch and its not big enough  bear_tongue   
re your viewing what other people see, if you right click on your desktop and go to properties, then to settings and change the resolution it should work out.  I'm not sure if this answers your question?  I set my pages at 1024 by 768 hoping that an inbetween res will be the best for everyone  bear_wacko

Fairfax,Vermont

thanks sarah..actually i did that,,but i was warned that the screen width might stretch what im viewing to make it fit..which it does..if im applying the text etc im wondering if im looking at reality or what the screen does to make it fit..and then when you view it on a reg monitor will it all be in the wrong place? you'd think i
'd have looked at that before i bought it hmmm?  deb cant fin any tutorials or anything so far..maybe i will just have to go for it with one page and see what happens!

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

...no, the screen won't stretch it to fit, all the sizes are defaulted to a regular page size for printing and etc. if you are typing about Word documents and processing, etc., then it's that way.  However, if you have a graphics program, you do have to size the area you are working on.  Did that make sense?

Amelia

Fairfax,Vermont

web design..graphics//etc..yeah it makes sense..is there a recommended font size? it told me what to set the monitor at for pixels..and one of my programs errors in the  beginning due to font size and then lets me by pass it, which it never did before,,sorry i sound so dense just looks so differnent now ( duh)! and my dh new keybrd is making me crazy i keep dbl the keys!! auugh!!  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  deb   thanks for the help!

Australia

Is it all worked out Deb?  I remember thinking the same thing when I got my 19inch flat screen, would my site look different in a normal old screen, and now I'm wondering how it will look in the new wide screens, probably what you have now  bear_tongue
How bout you make the changes and post and we'll all check it for ya?  bear_grin   Font size, I'd say around 12?

Fairfax,Vermont

haha  i tried to last night..figured id update one page and see if it worked out ok..except we have  a dial up and i couldnt pry my dh of the computer in order to publish the page!  tonight for sure!  unless im in kansas..boy oh boy do we have wind!! its been blowing hard all night and still this morning..dogwone even go out.. bear_laugh deb

Australia

husbands hey  bear_rolleyes lol
Ouch, dial up  bear_sad  You need adsl  bear_tongue  especially now with that gorgeous computer!

Fairfax,Vermont

hmmm//well i updated rogers page and it seems fine when i view it on dh's computer..earthlink..etc..but on my computer when i call up either domain name i get overlaped text etc..so im guessing its how i view it here some how..i open with msn...any thoughts? "he's" hooking up colored lights on his fans and cables..my computer geek! bear_grin ( that only extends to hardware) so no help here! altho if i fins the problem terry would be happy to make it flash colored lights to music,,other than that i'm on my  own ladies!! deb

Australia

Oh geez...I dunno  bear_wacko ahhh computers...gotta love em...or not sometimes lol  I wonder if someone like Penny or Nancy would know....I wonder if its the program your using...
Oh I know someone like your hubby...can pull a pooter apart in no time, but no idea on how things work when it comes to programs!

Fairfax,Vermont

well thank you Sarah for commiserating with me! sometimes just having someone listen while you work thru a  problem is  a big help!mr flashing lights is definately a keeper but dazzled by the tech gadgets and of no use here! bear_grin i'm sure i will find i need a mirror to see the problem and will hate myself for being such an ultra maroon!
our fav tec at work uses humour to stem the flow of stupidity headed his way all day.." i Know the problem ! want me to show you?!" and he has this little mirror he faces at you!" its funny..and next time we have a really mindless question we stop and think before we run to face the "mirror" bear_grin  deb

Board footer