Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I love LUCKY !!!!!! Any one who gets him surely will be !!!!!

beary_clairey Luton

Well here's my digital effort!! I was fun being quite new to this !!!

Hope you like it !!!

ST_PATS_copy.jpg

Hugs

Claire

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

this is what I have come up with- Ok the bear is Pink but then its an IRISH BEAR, the work in Photoshop is all IRISH to me as well.
well.St_patricks_Day_1_copy.jpg

Now I think its time for a good Guiness.

Lynette

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, Ginger!!!  He's right up this themed alley!

I'm really enjoying all the digital designs you've all come with, too.  Keep it coming; it's okay to make more than one!

shellylampshire Lampshire Originals
West Bloomfield, Mi.

ainaforweb.jpgI just posted my Aina , Queen of the Fairies bear for the St. Patty's challenge.  SHe is 6" tall, magnetic, with a coordinating magnetic base. She is, of course, fully posable with articulated fingers.  Crown is removable. HOpe you like her!
Shel

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

000irish.JPGhi there
i hope this works
not only have a just joined today - thanks wendy !
but i have risen to your challenge too having never made an avatar untill today !

cough
dont laugh
and thanks !

cathy xxx

ps - i really am 1/16th irish !

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Kathy !!! That is GRAND !!!!! Good job !!!!

Weymouth
Website

thank you jodi :-) bear_original

sammibears SammiBears
Lethbridge

I did it!  bear_grin  I finished a green bear and I have completed the digital challenge but for some reason when I try and post it to the design gallery I get an error.
Anyway here it is...

stpaddysday.jpg

What a fun challenge! -Sammi

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

20070227_0014.JPG

These bears and digital challenges are great! I love the avitars. I finally got my green bear done (He's that wonderful sage alpaca from intercal which has only the slightest green cast.) His name is Liam and he'll be one of my Bid4Bears bears come April. I am trying to do the digital challenge with his photo, but it's, well, very challenging! I took a two day photoshop class where my hubby works in the beginning of January, but since I started back to school, I haven't had any time to practice and I seem to have forgotten everything! bear_wacko

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
what a lovely bear
Lynette

Weymouth
Website

sammi and tami your bears are GREAT !
wow

cat xxx

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Tami, He is beautiful !!! WOW wish I could find a Photodhop class some where !!! 

bear_grin

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

The challenge bears all look so sweet!! 

I had lots of fun making this guy!  I've never done a multi toned bear before.  The darker green and stone colored mohair were original colors, the lighter green I dyed. 
I'm lisitng him on ebay tomorrow...hopefully! I haven't done a listing in a while...here's hoping it goes smoothly!! bear_wacko  bear_grin

I'm not set on his name yet... (???)
GreenPanda2TT.jpg
:hug:
~Chrissi

Milford Ohio

Nice Chrissi! Did you dye his fur? The greens go so well together!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
Tami E wrote:

Nice Chrissi! Did you dye his fur? The greens go so well together!

Hi Tami, thanks!  I did dye the lighter "kelly" green from the stone colored mohair.  The darker green was the green offered by intercal for the challenge.  I just started to dye mohair and it's tons of fun!  I'm buying more basic colors now, just so I can dye it bear_grin

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  Awesome bears, Chrissi and Tami!  I love them!

Tami, I've got that same sage alpaca. So pretty!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hey girls, you all have done such a fantabulous work!!!!

Hummm, i thought I would point my nose here and show you a couple of bears who could be considered as related to that topic...

Well, hummm, I already posted Kiwi in the show and tell, be he is srt of greenish, so hey, why not???
anf flynn has definately the look of it! Only his waistcoat is green, but there is that something in him that made me name him Flynn...

So here they are:

kiwi1wx4.jpg

flynn4yn6.jpg

flynnkiwi1hf3.jpg

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Wow!  These bears and avatars look great!  I know next to nothing about Photoshop, but would love to learn.  Does anyone know of an online program on Photoshop they would recommend?  I have Photoshop 7 on my computer...............

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Ooooo I wish I had seen this sooner, you have all done such wonderfull bears  bear_wub
Connie and anyone else that is interested, I was at a site that had some free lessons in photoshop and other programs
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/
They were a great help. Troublle is I never get enough time to dabble.  bear_sad

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Well, for once I actually got a challenge animal finished by the deadline!

Meet the LepBearCon (I've also posted him in the gallery).....he's guarding his pot o' gold!

lepbearcon-front2.jpg

This was a lot of fun!

Milford Ohio

Cute St. Patrick's Day bears, Bev and Sophie! The details like the boots and the vest are a nice touch!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Absolutely wonderful bears and avatars everyone!!!  I am also completely envious of those of you who did the digital challenge.  I am helpless in that area!!! :doh: I did get my bear finished........he was born yesterday on St. Paddy's Day, so I kind of made the challenge deadline! bear_grin  Here he is.....Grady the good luck bear:

Grady2.jpg

Grady2a.jpg

Weymouth
Website

lovely bear tracy
amazing eyes
i like the cream muzzle contrasts
well done for squeazing in the dedline lol

cat xxx

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Tracy I am in LOVE!!!! OH DEAR wish I was a rich woman !!!! Well as long as I am wishing....Wish I was a beautiful, thin body,rich woman who never got sick !! Who was loved by all and who never messed up !!! UMMM does that cover it ??? I guess I could go on but.... this could take for ever !!! :dance:  ANY WAY he is sooooooooooo wonderful !!!!

Jodi Falk

Board footer