Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

I'm so sad and disappointed bear_sad  bear_sad

I've been working on this polar bear for the last few weeks.  My very first ever realistic bear, as I  tend to stick to miniatures.

And I sent out my deposit yesturday.

My paperwork was due out today and I had a very nice email back from telling me the AWARDS HAD BEEN CANCELLED THIS YEAR, due to a lack of participants.

I came home  so sad and gave my polar bear a BIG hug.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Oh that stinks...With all of the bid4bears stuff going on I just last night went to the NCTB site and the Ace page! I was thinking of giving it a try.  I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for next years theme. 

Penney,  I hope you'll post a picture of your polar bear soon bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Yes, post please! I'd love to see him!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is sad to hear but try not to  feel  to bad.  Just think how much you learned and how you pushed yourself to do something you may not have tried otherwise !!! Maybe he is destined for another competition ??  I would love to see a picture of your bear too.    :hug:

I emailed Nancy the other day about the 2006 Ace winner announcement- the suspense is killing me    bear_happy   It has been postponed until mid-april if anyone else was wondering.

K Pawz Guest

awww man!!! I am still waiting to hear who won for last year!!! I was actually going to enter Borealis my polar bear from earlier this month but then I read the fine print and you could only enter and win a monthly category once in a 12 month span so I was going to wait until June and enter him!!!
Like Tammy said though, you pushed yourself to enter and create for the competition, and came away with a polar bear that you deemed worthy of entering so I would say you are a winner regardless of the contest :clap:

Hugs,
Krista

CT

DSCF0033.JPGThank you for all your kind words...

Now that I've got ovver the shock of the whole thing.

I am extremely proud of my polar bear and the care and time I took in making him.

Probably so much So that I would'nt part with him

My daughter wants to keep him for her collection.

Here is a face pic of him..

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Penney:

What an adorable little face...I would keep him too!

Hugs, Nancy

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Oh what a sweetheart Penney! Ditto what everyone else said about stretching and learning.
Why not wait and see if he fits any of the categories for the URSA awards? The categories are announced in April and I'm sure they'll get posted on TT!
Cheryl bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What an adorable face!  What a cute bear! 

I am sorry about the cancellation, as it refers to the work you have done.  But look what you have!  An armful of pure love.  Congratulations-youre a winner anyway.

dilu

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

He is so adorable, Penney!!! Hopefully you'll find another contest to enter him in. It's too bad that Nancy cancelled the whole year and not just that month as there might have been more interest later on - sometimes people need a bit more lead time to come up with ideas and get their entries made for a contest.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a shame!  I think we need our competitions to enter so that we can show collectors we're really serious about what we are trying to achieve for them and for the bear industry.

I posted a thread a few days ago with details of the British Bear Artist Awards and the UK's Reader's Choice Awards ... there are international categories in both competions ...  bear_thumb

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hello,
Thought I'd post to let you in on the details.  I had planned to make an announcement, just not this way.

1.  2006 Award will be announce early in April.  Thank you to everyone who voted as well.

2.  2007 competition has been cancelled.  I cannot cancel just one month, as I've only had 2 entries for 3 months, one of which did not have suitable photos as per competition rules. These entries also will be refunded.   There is simply not enough interest or participation to make this a justifiable competition, or to justify the work that's involved.

I've never had this kind of lack of interest before, but there are so many things on my plate, (B4B,  NCTB revamping, challenges on B4B, web design, and the upcoming Lemonade Bears benefit,)   that I have to chop the things that don't make good use of my time.        In the last newsletter that I put out for NCTB, I asked for input on what people really wanted me to keep.  Unfortunately, the ACE awards were never mentioned.

Penney...your bear is lovely, and perhaps you would consider entering him in one of the many other competitions that are out there.   You did push yourself , and for that you are a winner.

hugs,
nt

K Pawz Guest

Thanks Nancy, we all know that you are extremly busy and understand!!!
Just so you know though I was going to enter again this year once my 12 month time span was up from last year, But I would rather enter and hopefully win on the quality of the bear I submitted, and not from lack of enteries!

Hugs,
Krista

CT

I want to thank you all for your kind words and support..

Now that I've got over the shock.

It's amazing how stressed I got over the whole thing.

Must be my A-type personality bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Thank you once again and my apologies to Nancy if I affended her in posting the info on the awards.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Your bear is a definite winner Penney!!!! bear_thumb

Board footer