Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi all!

Well, I've got Cody listed on eBay just as a Buy it Now.  Seem to be taking some time getting into the search and listings... so I keep checking today.

Well, just checked... and someone has (hopefully accidently) listed 250 tractors and trailers... and I do mean 250 separate listings... in the Artist Bears section.

I'm going to try to email the seller.... but also report it to eBay.  The more of us who report it to eBay the faster it will be taken care of. 

This is annoying to buyers and sellers.....

Here is his ID:  cowboycr278

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

I had just saw that too and was wondering what happened

-Eliza

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Over the past month there have been large electronics and heavy equipment listings falling into artist bears.  This is the second time I've seen this particular seller ID.  I wonder if the listing codes are similar, or if it's just a person taking advantage of high traffic areas again (??) 

:hug:
~Chrissi

K Pawz Guest

I reported a couple of them all the same seller you mentioned Laura Lynn, but hopefully they pull them all...If you read his auction he is also selling off eBay he says not to bid but to contact him directly so I reported it as "offering to sell off of eBay"

hugs,
Krista

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Has to be a scam of some sort with starting prices of $10.99 ??????  I would be very careful about clicking into the auctions - I have become super paranoid lately!

K Pawz Guest

usually the ones that are bad is when you click them and then they ask for your password, never do that back right out of those ones!!! This one allowed me to go right to the bottom and click report!! I am thinking it is a case of somebodys stolen eBay ID as they are all listing violations and featured auctions!! The worst of it is you can't get to any artist bears as the first 10 pages are full of tractor equiptment so it really sucks because this should be a busy time on eBay and I don't think anyone will be getting any hits right now....

hugs,
Krista

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Yep, I contacted the seller and he told me not to bid.. his account had been hijacked. 

I contacted eBay's Live Help and she gave me a link to report this to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_ … 1_1_6.html

Click the "Email us" your question or concern and you can type it in.  The more of us who do this... as we've learned... the faster eBay responds.  Here is what I wrote if you want to copy and paste:

A LARGE number of items (260+) have been listed incorrectly in the Artist Bear catagory.  The seller ID is cowboycr278  When I contacted the seller to let him know... he told me not to bid... his account had been hacked into.

ANOTHER thing we can do is go here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_ … ntinue+%3E

Click:  Unauthorized account activity and then  Report another user's account as stolen  Then click on the Email us with your question or concern link...  You can put his user ID right there... it is:  cowboycr278

Bayside Bears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

I am online now with Ebay Live Help and thei support team is aware of it and working on it.
And, I think you are correct that it is a scam
Mary Lou

K Pawz Guest

Thanks Laura Lynn, I have done the two steps mentioned above, as I belive it hurts us all with these listing there as collectors are not going to surf through all of that stuff to find our bears...so like you said the sooner it is gone the better it is for all.

Hugs,
Krista

K Pawz Guest

nope they are still there Ellen all featured auctions starting at $10.99...set it to newly listed and you will see them all!!

Hugs,
Krista

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Yep, still there... sort by Newly Listed and you'll see the buggers...

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..no, they shouldn't be able to get your personal information that way, Ellen.  I reported via both links you gave, Laura.

Amelia

K Pawz Guest

no Ellen, only if when you click on the item and then it wants you to log in in order to view the auction, Don't ever log in once you are logged in if you click on something!! That is how they get your information, not just by viewing it, I have had that happen before and just clicked back on my browser to get out of there!! hope that helps

hugs,
Krista

Nicholasville, KY
Website

WhooHOOO!!!!!   :dance:    THey are getting rid of them!  They are currently still showing up in the catagory... but when  you click on it it says the listing is unavailable.  As soon as eBay has another listing update... they'll be out of the picture!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

K Pawz Guest

:dance: Looks like they are gone now!!

hugs,
Krista

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I've noticed the same thing on the UK eBay under the bear supplies category (under the additional BIN items in shops). It isn't tractors but magazines of all different types. I just find it soooo frustrating!

Bayside Bears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

I always use the "Live Help" feature when I want to get to an actual person so I could use all kinds of exclamation points and such to let them know how upsetting this was to our auctions. It took me a while to get him to understand the situation, but he had me hold on for 8 minutes while he referred it to the proper techs. I think this helped in getting it dealt with right away.

Mary LOu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo !! Glad thats over !!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Good idea to report them! I hate that spam in a section. It's not fair. IT's too easy for the buyer to be put off or not see your bear in the middle of it all.

I'm off to report it right now. Irritates the heck out of me.

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey Girls....

I just checked and some of the tractors were still listed in our section.  I also put in two complaints to eBay.  Hopefully the issue gets resolved in a timely fashion.

Board footer