Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Hi all!

I was wondering, how many series names do ya'll use?  I have my "Blanket Bears" which are between 10" and 18", and each comes with a blanket or quilt.  Then I have my "Bookshelf Bears" which are smaller (small enough to fit in a bookshelf... get it?   bear_grin ), but only come with worn accessories...

But I just made an Alice in Wonderland bear, and I haven't decided all the accessories, but I do want her in a "setting"...

THEN I have already in my mind what to do with my new mohair that's coming (yea!), but he's not going to really fit in the other categories... sort of a sports-type theme.

I guess my real question is, how many different series is "too much".  I feel like I've almost got my voice in my designs, but that voice is SCREAMING to go in all different directions.   bear_shocked

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

too much for who? for you? Do the bears that inspire you! You're not obligated to anyone but
yourself. The ideas that excite you are the ideas to follow. Sometimes the projects get made
and only when we see a few of them do we realize they fit together as a sort of group. Not that
this helps with labeling and promotion as you make them one at a time......but don't argue with
the creative urge.

That screaming voice is your muse, listen to her before she gets hoarse  :crackup:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

YEP!  Listen to Kim, Ann.  bear_thumb

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Thanks guys!  I guess I'm just thinking "too many different product names"... when I don't have many repeat customers yet, I didn't want to confuse any I have by introducing too many series at a time.

But you are definitely right... I need to just make whatever my muse tells me to!!  'Cuz I got a bunch of Blanket Bears in my head, as well as Bookshelf ones... the sportsy-type ones... it's getting alittle crowded up there!!!  THEY GOTTA COME OUT!!

bear_grin

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

i agree, you should do what you what the 'voice' says,
and where ever inspiration takes you...

this reminds me of how when i see a piece of mohair i
can almost see the bear that will be born out of it! which
is pretty weird, but hey, my 'voice' is a little weird... bear_grin

Board footer