Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

girlsroomSmSun.JPGgirlsroomsmMoon.JPGgirlsroomSm3.JPGgirlsroomSm2.JPGgirlsroomSm1.JPGWell, I've gone and slacked on bear making and spent the last two days painting my girls' bedroom with a day/night mural. lol  Their room was just white walls, and I got that pregnant itch to do something.... so here it is!  I haven't moved the furniture back or anything (waiting for hubby to do that part bear_original ) so I could take clear pics of the painting.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH MY GOODNESS, KIM! ITS GORGEOUS!!! I didn't know you were a painter as well (gosh, girl, you've got some major talent!)

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow!!!!
That is a beautiful room!!  I'm speechless!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Kim's coming to my house next to paint my bare walls!   :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  bear_thumb

I WISH! 

TOO BEAUTIFUL! 

Kim Basta

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

So pretty Kim!  Your girls must be thrilled!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

ginny Blankie Bears
East Chatham

:clap: Wow- that is really pretty! I love the moon and sun- very expressive!! I'm an animal lover and I think I couldn't resist adding a bird in the sky or a squirrel on the tree trunk--it looks so inviting! Have fun with it! Ginny

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Beautiful,just beautiful, please tell me the name of the purplish blue shade you have used, on my moniter it looks like the periwinkle I have been trying to find  bear_smile

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Kim,
I wish that was my bedroom! How magical and beautiful! Your girls must love it! What are their ages? I wish I had been lucky enough to have such a lovely whimsical room during childhood. I hope they will appreciate their wonderfully talented mommy for doing that for them! Outstanding job! Just love those colors!  :clap:

-Eliza

Ft. Bragg, NC

Awww, you ladies are so sweet; thank you so much!  I worked feverishly to get it finished in record time; if it takes too long I'm liable to get burnt out! lol

Ginny, it's funny you say that; I hadn't mentioned it in the post, but I still have little 'details' to add... one being an owl perched in the tree on the night time side... I'm still mulling over what else I'll add.
I'm thinking about adding a limb to the tree for each of my two girls measured heights and hiding their age and name in the 'wood'.

Shari, did you want the lighter day color or the darker night color? Let me know and I'll grab the swatch and get the name off of it for you.

Eliza, they are 3 1/2 and 6.  So far they seem to be tickled by it!  bear_wub

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, that is just awesome!  You are very talented, my friend, and your daughters must be totally delighted!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

WOW...and pregnant, too.I just know your girls will grow up to tell their children about the really special bedroom their mom painted for them. Who knows, maybe you'll be doing the same thing for grandchildren some day.   bear_smile

That being a ways off yet, I bet your house becomes the favorite place for giggling slumber parties.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I want a room like that, what a wonderful place to sleep.

Lynn Wisconsin

It's beautiful Kim!!!!!!  You are very talanted and I'm sure your girls are so excited. 

Lynn

realfurbears Generation Bears
Michigan

That looks like toooo much fun! :dance:   Great job you did!

[img]

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, you paint very well. I just love the suns face.
What kid wouldn't want to sleep in there!

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

What an absolute "Dream Room" for a little girl.  You did good Kimberly.
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Beautiful, just beautiful. Your little girls are lucky to have such a talented Mum and a wonderful room in which to sleep.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Kim, the darker night color please  bear_smile   bear_wub  :hug:

K Pawz Guest

Awesome room Kim you are very talented, I just love the moon and the sun, so much detail!!! Are we nesting?!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

hugs,
Krista

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful Kim.  I bet your daughter is thrilled...lucky girl bear_thumb  bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well that is beautiful. What a nice job....

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you so much, you all!  You have me blushing over here!  The girls seem to be really pleased with it; I hear them telling everyone who comes over, "My mom painted our room! Come see!"  It really makes it worthwhile... and the back ache... worthwhile too....  bear_tongue 

Shari, the color is "Sea Lavender" and is a Kilz color which I found at Wal-Mart.  If you can't find a place that sells Kilz paints, PM me and I'll send you this color swatch and you can have it color matched if it's the color you're looking for!

Kimberly W.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow Kim - what an amazing job you did of your daughters bedrooms - they would be happy with that.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Kim, We have a Wal-Mart nearby so I'll check for that color this weekend when I get to town and let you know.  bear_flower   :hug:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you Carol! :)

Shari, OK, just let me know if they don't have it.

Kimberly W.

Board footer