Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

sock-monkeu.jpgHello,

I posted earlier in General about sock monkeys........so here is a CatherWoods Sock Monkey! This is a really fast photo with no real set up...just him sitting on the couch!

Roddy is 12 inches seated (from his bottom to his head, hat not included in measurement). Every aspect of Roddy and his costume are handmade...from his polka dot clown pants/shorts, to the hand twisted chenille ballon stems, to the daisies that dot where his shorts and suspenders meet.  He was tons of fun to make. 

My teddy bears are traditional in style, but my monkeys are funky  bear_grin  I like the bright colors and circus themes for my Sock Monkeys. And of course I love balloons (many of my mini's hold a balloon of some kind). 
He'll be for sale soon, just not sure when.

:hug:
~Chrissi

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

oh!!!!  MONKEYS!!! :dance:

I'm glad you went ahead with selling 'em.  Wish I had the $$ to buy.   bear_sad  My littlest one's birthday is in a couple of weeks.  She would love this one like I love it!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Chrissi, he has brought a huge smile to my face.  Gorgeous!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo cute! I love him

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I LOVE him Chrissie !!!  He is just too cute, and bright not to like. great job, I'm sure your sock  monkeys will be a hit !

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh Wow, is he really a sock, he is brilliant and yes he does make you smile.

Warm wishes
Pauline

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Oh my Chrissi! How wonderfull!!!

You've made me have a real urge to make one of those now... I have so many other ideas too! Darn another one to add to the list!

Great work!

Richy~

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Ann, Sarah, Heather, Tammy, Pauline , and Richy,
Thank you all for your sweet words and encouragement!! :hug:  :hug:   

Pauline, Yes the monkeys are really made from socks!  It's pretty much like any stretchy material, you just have to sew smartly to avoid unraveling...... when cut, socks unravel very quickly.

Richy,
Make one!! They are so much fun.  You can use any type of sock.
Write your ideas down and then tackle them one by one bear_flower  I have an idea book.  It's little and can easily fit in my bag when I go out.  I jot down anything and everything and even do quick little sketches. 

Thank you all again bear_smile
:hug:
~Chrissi

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Chrissi, I love this monkey.   bear_wub  I remember having sock monkeys as a child.   I am so glad to see they are making a come back.  I hope you'll keep making these. bear_flower  bear_thumb  :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Chrissie,  bear_flower
Sock monkeys always make me smile.  I have a little old vintage one with mother of pearl eyes.  He sits with one of my really old and really loved bears.  I think bears and sock monkeys make lovely companions.   bear_original I love the expression on yours!!   Have you tried making a sock monkey out of old, long baby socks by chance?  You know, the old wool ones?

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer