Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

I need a new  Camera ( not too expensive, I am a poor Bearmaker )
It needs to have enough Pixels (dpi ) so I can submit my Pictures per E-Mail.
The one I have now uses Floppys, I love it, it`s easy and fast to use, but The pictures dont have enough pixels to submit them by e-mail.
Cant adjust it either, I tried it all.
I could use my Cannon, but it runs into too much money for the Film, developement,etc. and then you never know if they turn out good enough to use and send in

Rita

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Rita
I just bought a Fujifilm S3500
it is wonderful and i love it.  it has 4 mega pixels and 6 optical zoom...and macro.  and heaps of other settings.  It is a chunky camera which I like so I can stand it on something to take shots without it wobbling.
I am in love with my new camera at the moment lol
good luck
sarah

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Sarah, that's the same camera as mine :D

Cool huh?!
Danni

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I use my Fujifilm F810 and really like it. It's great! But I do think people like their own cameras just cause they got used to them! a050.gif

When I was choosing camers I spend thousand hours in internet and pick up three ones I liked. Eventually I bought totally different one.
Hugs, Julia.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have been really pleased with my HP Photosmart M417.  It has 5.2 megapixels.  Cost was $199.00.

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

If your only sending pictures VIA email then a 1.0 megapixel camera would be fine, the higher the megapixel, the larger the picture. So if you want 4x6 (way large for email), then 3.1 megapixel and up. But for email only and teddy bears where lighting will be controlled, just find anything cheap..

I got a Cannon Powershot S1 IS which is 3.2 megapixel... Very nice cam, do not plan on printing anyting beyond 4x6... If you have a compusa near by, they have good selection of cameras and normally reasonable prices.

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

I had a Fuji before the Cannon. Liked the Fuji very much.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Rita, Whatever brand you get make sure that it has no less than 8 pixils. Jenn

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

lol, isn't that funny Danni lol.  Did you get it with a printer deal?  We got it at such a good price and it does a lovely job.
hugs
sarah

Twisted Whiskers Singapore

Before buying camera, check out the reviews on www.cnet.com
I always check out the reviews before buying any electronic gadget.  I didn't believe the reviews one time when I bought a fuji digital camera some years back ... sure regretted it!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin I love your avatar and your name, Twisted Whiskers!

Welcome to TT, and tell us about yourself!!

You're right about the reviews . . . I did a lot of research before buying. The best combination of qualities and price turned out to be a Nikon Coolpix 5600.

The only problem I've had so far is that the camera's so tiny--I can't hold it steady enough. It's got a two-stage shutter-release button, which makes this harder. Somewhere in my barn of a house there's a tripod, which ought to solve my problem.

My avatar--best photo I could get without enough light inside, and just before my computer went back to the shop again--was underexposed and then oversharpened. Got to do better . . .

Eileen

Board footer