Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

You can be damn sure I did not bid on 150+ actions for breast pumps & bibs this morning....
Waiting on live chat to straighten me out. Changed my password - dunno how they got me - I
am careful & savvy!

grrrrr

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh Kim, that is awful!!! I hope they straighten it out quickly for you. How did you find out? I am just paranoid about this kind of thing and worry that it will happen I won't know about it! Or did you get notices from ebay saying that you had bid on the items???

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

OH Kim.....
So sorry to hear about this. My sis in-law had this happen last week. The theifs went and relisted everything they sold in the last month or so, including a car!! It was a mess for her. Ebay had her even take a "test" before she could relist her item..  bear_shocked

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

well it looks to be just a bunch (200+ actually) of bids/won items, bid on using my account.
I became aware of it from an email notice that I'd won - hah (sheesh it's not even cool stuff!)
it doesn't appear they've messed with MY auctions, thank goodness (knock wood)

a lot of the listings seem to be french, for what that's worth.
Now I am changing passwords on everything - I'd gotten lazy.

I was in live chat & downloading the ebay toolbar but then my computer froze up  bear_angry

Shelley Kooterboocubs
Brighton

Kim,
I totally know how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me, only they relisted everything I had sold. The sad thing is they never catch these people, But we have to take the fall and everything is messed up for us. I wish there was something that we could do about it. bear_cry  Cubby Hugs, Shelley

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is terrible - sorry that this happened Kim and I hope that you get it sorted out.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Hi Kim, The same has happened to me too. I have had my listings also relisted in other countries. It's unreal what these people do. bear_angry

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kim, how awful!  I hope it's straightened out soon.  I've been lucky, but I'm touching all the wood I can reach and knocking on it!

hugs,

Brenda

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

I was worried about that when I got that funny email regarding your bear, Kim!!  Hope they get it all straightened out.

Amelia

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Well as best as I can tell, it's all been sorted out, although my bidding history is a big mess.
I ran a bunch of spyware & virus scanning stuff on my computer (downloading all day & night
over dial up is FUN) & only came up with a couple piddly things on my machine from like 2004.
Changed all my passwords of course! And I looked through my emails but I do not know how
they got me. If I had a sketchy spoof in my mailbox, I can't find it. But an ebay login page must
have been faked somewhere along the line. Just not sure where!

All the sellers whose auctions were affected have been really nice & understanding.
I hope no one gets confused or hostile and messes up my feedback, tho.
thanks for the tea & sympathy you guys, I was stressed & distressed but much better now!  bear_thumb

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

bear_sad  bear_sad

Sorry to hear about Ebay.

Hope you have it all sorted out now.

Board footer