Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

firstwetfeltpurse-6.JPGfirstwetfeltpurse-5.JPGfirstwetfeltpurse-4.JPGfirstwetfeltpurse-2.JPGfirstwetfeltpurse.jpgHi all, I guess this is a little OT, but I wanted to show you a wet felted handbag that I made, a first for me.  I've been looking into this whole wet felting thing 'cause it seemed really neat and it is!!!!  I thought it'd be OK to post it in here since it's yet another amazing thing we can do with wool!  The bag is entirely wet felted out of merino wool and the liner is upholstery velvet.  I had so much fun doing this; wet felting is really cool!

Kimberly W.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

That's really pretty! I love wet felting too. It's so cool to see something come together right before your eyes. You should check out Bubble Hands, the wet-felters pool over on flickr. It's inspirational and gorgeous artistry.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/bubblehands/

Ft. Bragg, NC

Oooo, awesome site, Jennifer! Thanks!  I am going to bookmark this place... :)

Kimberly W.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo cool! You've done a really job with the liner and everything

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That is beautiful!  Totally amazes me.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOH!!! its lovely!! I love purses and this one is really really cute!!!  bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wonderful purse!!!! I love wet felting too!!!

Hugs &

Ft. Bragg, NC

yay! There ARE plenty of other wet felters here on TT too! bear_original  Thanks, ladies, for your comments... I think I'm addicted; I'm working on another purse right now!  bear_shocked

kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim that purse is really neat.  Beautiful design work.  I hope you will use it...and carry business cards with you as you will need them. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks Judi bear_original  I am considering using it; it's funky and cute enough to carry around I suppose...  bear_tongue If I don't, my neighbor is keen on it and she said she knew that if she carried it to work her boss would be gushy over it, so maybe I can see if it stirs up some business. bear_original  Who knows, I might get lucky! lol

Kimberly W.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I reckon its pretty cool Kimberly. I found welt felting difficult. But then dont I find everything difficult??  bear_grin  I tried it with bubblewrap. It didnt work for me. I think I'll stick to pocking the needle for now.  bear_grin
Loved that bubblehands site Jennifer. Talk about talent bear_thumb

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks, Wendy!  I know, I love that site that Jenn posted; it's got GREAT work in it!

Kimberly W.

Board footer