Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

ok... I didn't find them.  Some lady dumped them on my front lawn and took off.

A little boy and a little girl.

My ex wants the boy (on left) and I think my father is gonna want the little girl (on right).  ain't they cute! 

pair.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Are they... pitbulls?  bear_shocked

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

the picture isn't too great, but the boy looks more like a pure boxer.  the littl girl looks like a boxer/pitbull mix.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

EEP! pitbulls scare me! They do look cute as pups but they still scare me!  bear_ermm

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Yeah they are a bit scary. If you see a nasty dog, do you blame the dog or the owner?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Most of the time, I do blame the owner.  I've known a lot of really NICE pitbulls - my nephew has one that they rescued from a nasty owner and "Gatienne" is an absolute love.  I'm glad they are going to have homes!

hugs,

Brenda

puddinjack Bay Street Bears
Bristol, Tennessee

They're adorable!  We've got a full blooded pit bull next door, he's bigger than I am and he's a giant baby.   I blame owners for mean dogs, and the #$$'# that dump them, well, I hope there is a special place for them.... :twisted:    I'm so glad you have found them good homes!!!  bear_wub  Wendy

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Ohhhhh they are ADORABLE!
I have a pit mix and I have 3 mini Dachshunds....if someone broke into my house, they stand a FAR greater chance of being bitten by my little dogs then my pit. He is a gentle giant and as sweet as pie. I truely believe these dogs have gotten a bad name because of how they were raised. If you raise them right and teach them "good manors" right from the start, you shouldnt have a problem at all.

We should be having Dachshund puppies within the next few weeks.....cant wait to see them! Mom is a red and Dad is a piebald...(in other words, he has the markings of a Beagle) Will they be spotted or solid colors?? The hard part is going to be not getting attached and wanting to keep them all!

Good luck with your sweet puppies. That is so wonderful that you took them in and are going to find them good homes where they will be loved forever! Maybe this lady knew you have a kind heart and thats why she chose your house *smiles*

Bear Hugs,

Kim

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I blame the owners... I am kinda scared of all big dogs (I saw my cousin bit in the face when I was little by a dalmation and am still a little affected by that)... I like tiny dogs, LOL

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well they are as cute as can be. I think they have a Boxer look and perhaps a bit of pit bull. I agree that dogs are a product of their enviroment. If raised in a loving home they will be fine...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

As a matter of fact, when we were buying homeonwer insurance, we were asked about dogs and were told that they wouldnt cover us if we had a vicious breed... YIKES

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Oh my gosh, they're adorable!!!  Just this week my aunt had to say goodbye to her 11 year old boxer pit mix....he was the SWEETEST dog.  It's the owners and proper handling that make or break any dog.  Get good puppy socialization classes via a pet store or other avenues and you should all be fine with these luvies!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Well, Tyson (the boy... get it?  he's a boxerbear_grin )... Tyson has gone to his new home... Lilly (the girl that looks like a pitbull) has been given the OK from my father... WHO TURNED AROUND AND GAVE HER TO MY KIDS!

silly grandparents...

MY dog, who thinks he's an 80 lb. cat, has been looking at her like she's from another planet and "what gives her the right to be in his yard, but I'll let you stay because you're cute, but then again, stay away from my stuff..."    He seems to be bored with the puppy... he's such a big cat.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Lookit all those speckles! I wonder if they have some pointer or even beagle in them. I've not seen speckly pitbulls or boxers but these sweeties look like they've got a lot of 'ingredients'!

So Ann have you got the Neighborhood Softie reputation or what?? Congrats on your new ickle puppy, I love your dad's style, he's got the grampa thing down pat for sure!  :crackup:

Kim-bee I'm sorry about your bad doggie experiences  bear_cry Our next puppy is gonna be a Newfoundland (~160 lbs full grown!) cos they are the gentlest breed. I adore little dogs, but hugging a big warm fluffy pup whose paws are the size of dinner plates is heaven  bear_wub The closest thing to a live teddy IMO!

Ann can we have more pictures?  :photo:  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They kinda look like they are mixed with blue tick coonhound - I had a pup (well, my ex has him now bear_sad ) that was black lab-coon hound mix - gorgeous little dog, and sharp as a tack!

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website
kbonsall wrote:

They kinda look like they are mixed with blue tick coonhound

yeah, I'm sorta thinking that now too... I guess we won't know until she grows up more.

I'm gonna take some more pics soon, I'd like to get one with her and DJ (the big cat)... I'll post one soon.

As for being the neighborhood softie... that's my dad, not me!!  (OK, both of us.) 
We live in the middle of nowhere, but on a fairly traveled road.  So, this is where the dogs get dropped off.  3 of our past 4 dogs were dropped off.  (DJ was a pound rescue)

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Some people are mean!  Poor babies.....  If a dog is mean I would blame the lack of training!

Board footer