Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I had posted earlier about my sister's friend sending me mohair from German. Some of it came yesterday....I'm in love. A beautiful piece of tones of dark green hedgehog mohair, polar bear mohair and grey alpaca plus the matching threads and a selection of glass eyes! As a bonus she sent the catalog from the store in Mannhein, which is just beautiful. Now all I have to do is learn German. They have a large selection of clothes for bears and musical instruments and toys.
This w/e I intend to be busy designing a new pattern for that hedgehog mohair - can't wait to get started.

Marion

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

oooo Marion, sounds exciting bear_original  I'm not sure if you are allowed to say it here but could you let me know the name of the company, I like the sound of the musical instruments and toys as accessories.

Have fun bear_original
Catherine

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You can say what you like, Catherine, as long as it isn't X-rated, promotes camaraderie, and supports the industry and artists within it; I think your comment falls into that category.

Of course, this is also just rationalizing, because I'd like to know the name of the company myself, not for the mohair (ouch, the international shipping cost and ick, the long wait for delivery!), but for the "extras" our domestic suppliers don't have. 

I speak the tiniest bit of German and do better reading it, since I'm a very visual person, so that catalog sounds nifty.

Have great fun with your new mohair stash!

PS  Cath, who is that new avatar bear?  Just gorgeous!  What a darling, darling face!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Shelli - thanks for your kind comments - my new chap is called Little Toby (thinking about it now as I write I think I re-call one of your sons being called Toby?) .  I hand dyed his fur which was great fun - you can see him in the bears for sale section.

Hugs,
Cath

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

http://www.baerenstuebchen.de/

the above is their web site. The mohair is all Schulte. Unfortunately they don't list much on the page but the catalogue is pretty comprehensive.
It shows the following: violin, guitar, sax, tuba, trumpet, trombone and some other horned instruments. They all come with the appropriate cases. The violin and guitar have 24cm beside them and the others range from 9cm to 16 cm for the clarinet.
Prices are 30.50 euro for the violin and guitar and 18.00 euro for the rest.
Really nice selection of clothing including lederhausen,suspenders and knapsacks.
I can copy and send more info if interested.

Marion

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

You lucky girl!! I am very excited for you!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Boy am I laughing at myself- after wading through te homepage and remembering most of the words and what was being said there was a little bear box down in the left hand corner- USA/UK.....hmmm you think its in English?

Given that the dollar is weak against the Euro the exchange rate might hurt a bit, but its a nice site; thanks for the link

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Marion, I am so jealous again ! Hahaha
But so exited to see your next creation♪ 

Dilu, thanks for your info!
They do have English page so I could understand. he he :)

Bear Hugs/Marie

Board footer