Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Many of you know that I teach a Grade 4 class one day a week and substitute the rest of the week mostly at my base school. I don't end up getting many days off but I have longed for a class of my own and to have the same grade everyday.
  Well, I just got the news that I was successful this week in getting a job for the rest of the school year in the Grade Primary class  :dance:   :dance:  I already know and love these little people because I have spent many days in their class for the regular teacher who is pregnant. It is still only considered day to day subbing but they will be my class for the next two months. bear_smile  bear_grin

Unfortunately, something needs to give and since I am unwilling to stop making bears, I need to stop spending time on the computer. I will need to stop browsing bears on eBay and worst of all, stop coming to Teddy Talk bear_cry   bear_cry The last few months, I have only had time to read and view posts and all the beautiful bears. Now I must stop visiting. I will really miss all of you but hope to maybe stop in once or twice on the weekends. I will list bears on ebay when I can and would love to hear from anyone that might like to email. Hugs to you all, happy bearmaking :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

That is good news about your job bear_thumb I can see why you can't find the time for the computer, I find it quite addicting :doh: Good luck :clap:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You come back any time you can and congratulations !!!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations, Shari...enjoy those little devils. bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shari, it's fantastic that you got the job for the rest of the school year - wonderful!  But, we will miss you a bunch!  Please drop by if you can spare a minute . . . take care, friend.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

shari i am sooo happy for you!!  i know youve been wanting this a long time.  and to be with the kids you know and love is fabulous.  i will be so sad to not see you here so often, do stay in touch okay... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks,  :hug:   :hug: I know I'll miss TT but maybe I'll have more time this summer to catch up  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shari,
Congratulations!
And I totally understand about having to leave TT... it does take up a lot of time and takes an emotional toll as well as we want to read about what's going on in our friends lives and in the bear world and we want to respond to everyone but there comes a point when we just can't and we have to put ourselves first. I'm at that point myself.

We'll miss you but totally understand and will just look forward to summer when you'll have a bit more time!
Glad to hear you won't stop making bears! Yippee!!!

:hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari congratultions on the great job opportunity.  I can imagine it would be so much better having your own class.  I am sorry to hear that you won't be on TT much and I hope you still get time to make bears .     :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls bear_wub  :hug:  Your right Sarah, I have been waiting for this for awhile. It doesn't count as a term or days needed to get a permanent job but the experience will be great and will count in an interview. I love working with 5-6 year olds and this is the best time of year bear_original  bear_grin
I already miss you guys and TT a great deal but I'm sooo busy trying to get ready and organize all the grade 4 stuff for the girl that will replace me bear_wacko Hopefully I'll get everything under control this week.
                                                            Miss you guys  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Board footer