Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Day before yesterday I wandered my gardens admiring the crocus bulbs in bloom and the daffodils just starting to creep up from the earth. The hyacinth were well on their way too. The buds in the trees were deep red and starting to swell.... another week or two of warmth and they'd start to open. The birds were singing and scratching at the ground for food, goldfinches filled the feeder. Yep, felt like spring alright. And watching spring unfold in the mountains of New England is just so beautiful!

Then last night this happened:

snowfront.jpg

A foot of snow! Or "white stuff" as my father calls it. At this point my husband is it calling things I won't repeat!
It's so heavy that it's pulled electrical wires down, we were without power a good part of the night.
(That's not a black and white photo... it's just so gray in the sky and the snow is still coming down.)

I'll admit it's pretty. Would have been prettier back in December when it's supposed to be winter here! It's spring now... or was. The nice thing about spring snow storms is that it gets warm enough in the day time to melt the snow pretty quick. A couple of days and this will all be gone. I hope my crocuses are ok.

snowtree.jpg

Anyone want to help me build a snowman?

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Wow, Daphne, to me that looks absolutely beautiful. Living in the desert we have two seasons...hot and hotter. The last two weeks have been in the mid-90s and we've had a couple of days over 100 which were in the middle of March. So forgive me for admiring your winter wonderland. bear_smile

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Wow Daphne...there must be some kind of connection between New England and western Canada (Alberta anyway)...Its been snowing here off and on for 3 days...Spring will you ever come????

Cheryl bear_sad

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Daphne, sounds like colorado! EVERY year  bear_angry  Spring will look like it is well on its way
and then BAM snow comes and kills all the new growth and little buds and SMASHES down all the bulbs
and blooms! GRRRRRRRRRRRR... Just makes me so mad I could spit ! LOL
I miss my Texas Springs!

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

oh man! it just rained like crazy down here in rhode island. those pics of the snow are amazing!! doesn't old man winter know it is spring??? bear_wacko

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

We have the same problem in Michigan bear_angry  My professor mentioned that he's never experienced 75 degree weather one day and snow the next.  Much as I love winter and think it's beautiful, I'm ready for spring!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

We had the same here.  Two or three days ago it was almost 80*F  bear_ermm   ....then Eldon found out we were going to drop to 30*F, so I bundled Blossom back into her warmest blankie.  She thought I was utterly daft....."Mummy's lost the plot".  Til the sun went down and the temps went with it.  It was so COLD yesterday, and blowing all day long.  She's gone from the sulking teen stage that "Mom was right" to "Thank heavens I've got my warm blankie on!!"  bear_laugh

We found out we're supposed to be getting snow on Friday/Sat as well  bear_shocked   Small wonder so very, very few of our trees have budded out!  I thought that was really, really wierd.   

Stay safe, everyone in the Tornado Alley!!!  Methinks it'll be a year to hang onto your hats!  bear_thumb

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Same here too in southern Alberta - it started snowing last Saturday and it  hasn't quit! As you said Daphne, in spring if we get snow it usually melts the next day but not this time! I think this is more snow than we had all winter and it really had been feeling like spring with all our winter snow gone and warm temperatures. It is supposed to change this weekend and get back to the warm weather! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

AAAAAggghhh!!!!!!!   :doh:   I'll NEVER complain about snow in Chicago again!

OK I'm game for the snowman... I'll bring the coal and carrot!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Its' funny because that's what it looks like here too!

it sucks, I was just getting spring fever and now it's been snowing for a few days now. GRRRRRRrr

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine my Nana lives in Newburyport Mass and I think its going to snow on Easter too.  My mom is leaving Ca. tonight to go back there for Easter.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jenn... forecast is just for rain on Easter..... so far!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

We just had a few snow flurries here this morning but the temps stayed in the 30s today. But the kids were outside playing in shorts just two days ago!!! It was 76 degrees and sunny then. Weird.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Same thing here in Ohio!  We were in shorts on Monday.... and now we have a good 6-8 inches of snow.  I DID go out and cut down over 1/2 of our daffodils and bring them inside to enjoy.  The hyacinths and tulips usually make it through unscathed, but the daffodils never do, so we HAD to save a few to enjoy.

The Easter bunny will definitely be hiding the eggs INSIDE this year!   bear_whistle

Kim Basta

audemesange Aude-Mesange Creations
Montral

How funny, we all want spring to show and it's snowing everywhere. It was in Montreal too yesterday, I had already give up my boots... Not a feet though... ooops I Just looked by the window, seems it's not over. Good luck to all, spring will show soon.  :pray:

Board footer