Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BethBear Posts: 27

Hi Guys,

Again, thank you for all your help yesterday.  I noticed a question concerning contacting spoof@ebay.com and how the return email said that the comments had not been received.

spoof@ebay.com responds to emails that appear to come from Ebay, with appropriate logos etc.  I have gotten spoof emails from Paypal asking me to confirm my bank account numbers and my credit card numbers, also gotten them from a bank I don't bank with but is a real bank with all their logos.  If you get this sort of thing from Paypal, use spoof@paypal.com

If you get a buyer, such as the one I had who wanted me to end my auction early, accept a check, let him/her arrange shipment and actually go to a Western Union office and send them "excess" money, heres what you should do.  Click on "Help" in the Ebay headings.  On the left side of the screen, look for "Contact Us".  Click on that.  You will see some boxes to help you tell Ebay about the problem.  You need the item #, a cut/past of the email header (I had to have hubby look in my email "file" for that - it just looks like a bunch of strange characters and numbers) so that the email could be traced and a cut/paste of the email in question.  There is also a box that you can explain the problem to Ebay.

Sorry to be long but I do hope this helps as these scums need to be stopped and reported.

Hugs,
BethBear

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hubby was bidding on a project car last night.....there was about 15 min. left and all of a sudden all the bids began disappearing.  He checked with e-bay and the seller decided he didn't like the prices he was getting so he started deleting and backing out.  However you aren't supposed to be able to do this in the last 12 hours. The guy on E-bay live chat said that e-bay keeps track of these type people and if they do it too many times they get bumped. 

But what it told me is that all that talk about binding agreements etc...is just that; TALK.  E-bay doesn't hold the seller to the rules.

Then hubby sent an e-mail to the seller.  They said they were going to relist.  That they were asking $6000.00 for the car and didn't like what they were seeing on the bidding....I'm a betting that they were flakey enough that none of the folks interested in their Chevy will trust them again!  I wanted to send them an e-mail too but hubby said I was too hot headed.  I wanted to point out to them that if they want a set price they should advertise in the newspaper and forget about e-bay.  Like what part of auction did they not understand?

So I was good- I didn't send anything. :mad::/;)  There now, I feel all better.

Dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I've never heard of this type of thing happening before Dilu...my understanding was that once bids are made the auction must run it's course! Will wonders never cease!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm Most strange. The eBay contract binds the buyer, but maybe it should also explicitly bind the seller.

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You're absolutely right Eileen and Dilu.  The ebay contract should bind the seller as well.

Think this is a bit weird:  Iwas bidding on a Steiff Berryman bear when in the last hour my all the bids disappeared.  So, I bid again.  The price was very low and I was excited I might win it.  My bid again disappeared.

The seller emailed me and said she tried to contact ebay that she had sold the bear in her shop ??????  Why would she have this in her shop AND in a auction with legitimate bids on a no reserve item.  Fishy.   There was no buy-it-now price.  I think she was just not happy with the way the bids were coming in so low.

Dilu, I hope that guy loses trust from buyers.  They give ebay a bad name.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Judi,

Does the seller actually have the option of removing bids? I can see it if one of the bidders is on her 'bad risk' list, but why would eBay even allow a seller to remove all bids? Can't figure it out!!

Eileen

Board footer