Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Hello everybody!
Look who likes to share my bed with me:-))
Magdapep2.jpgpepka1.jpg

beary_clairey Luton

Can't see a picture Magda

bear_sad

Hugs

Claire

Website

Should be better now..sry:-)

beary_clairey Luton

Oh can see now!!! Aaaw that so cute!!

I have a doggy that likes to sleep with me!!

Hugs

Claire

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

A little snuggle bunny !!! Or should I say snuggle doggie !!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh Magda, how cute. What kind of doggie is she/he?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What a cutie!!! You  have a sweet bed partner!  bear_grin

Website

She is a mutt, yorkie + poodle, I suppose. She looks much bigger here than she really is. She weighs about 4,5 kilo, so she´s really the size of a slightly overgrown yorkie:-)
I got her last summer from my friend, who´s a rescuer. She has about 50 doggers now. She tries to find homes, but once she finds home for some, more just come in. But I gotta say - she´s really great - clean and providing the best care for the dogs.
Pepina (Peppi, Pepsi, Pep :-)) has quite a sad past. She was at a place they call "dog shelter" but it really wasn´t a shelter, it was something terrible. The dogs were neglected and so hungry they were actually eating each other. Pepina was lucky enough to be on her own, but she didn´t  get propper food and she was left out the whole winter, even at night when it was - 20 (celsius) outside.Her water had frozen over and she barely had food and was almost frozen. Because of the bad nutrition, she also had some serious intestinal problems. As she was lying on the concrete floor of her outside kennel, frozen, dehydrated, starving and with a part of her intestine poking out, FINALLY some staff member noticed her and brought her in to have her put to sleep. At that very moment, the rescuer MRs. Synkova, came by and begged the vet and the staff to give or sell her the dog. They gladly agreed and she took Pepina to her vet and then home. Even the vet said she might not make it, but Mrs. Synkova didn´t give up and after half a year of gentle care and a surgery, Pepina was back to a healthy normal doggie. And at that moment, I was looking for some company for my dog Bandit - he si neutered, so I didn´t have to worry about pups- so I decided to take a doggie girl. For some reason, there are always more males than females at shelters and I wanted someone small (after all, I live in an appartment) and I wanted it to be a doggie girl and I also needed to check, whether she´d be compatible with Bandit. So I was searching and searching and searching and finally, I found Mrs. Synkova web site and thought, wow, she´s got some small bitches! So I went over for a visit with Bandit to see if there is a doggie girl that would match him. And it was there I met Pepina. Mrs. Synkova warned me that she was extremely skittish, but when I called her, she came and let me shortly pet her. And she also got along well with Bandit. So I decided to take her. I had to go to France, though, so I waited a fortnight before I finally returned to pick her up. When I came to pick her up, Mrs. Synkova let her out and she came running to me, hopped into my arms and let me put her collar and leash on. This was amazing, since she´d probably never worn one before (Mrs. Synkova has a huge garden, actually it´s more of a field, with a bog fence, so the dogs can run freely). Mrs. Synkova cried that she´d never seen Pepina running to someone like that, but I think Pepi must have known she was going home. I wanted to pay Mrs. Synkova at least for de-worming, shots and food, but she didn´t wanna accept any money. You know what - I was leaving her home at lunchtime and she gave me a big lunch bag with a bunch of steaks she´d made for lunch. I just had to promise I´d call and send pics, which I gladly do:-) So that´s how Pepina came to me. One the way back (cca 1,5 hr train ride), she behaved like a lady, sitting on my lap and letting me pet her. She didn´t even take much time to get her housebroken - she actually peed inside just once. And I gotta tell you - what a change!!! First, she was really shy, especially scaredo f men, barking at anything in sight. I was so desperate at times. But we really made a bond and now she´s a totally different dog. She loves people (when we go out for a walk, she´d come and sniff all passers-by:-)), she loves attention (her hair needs a lot of brushing every day) and she loves to run around and play with Bandit. They´re a great match. And she´s also very soft and gentle with kids and other animals. That´s why we´re training to make her a dogotherapist. You need special test to get a certificate, but I think she´ll do well. I already take her to the hospital (my Dad is the head of the ENT dpt and if the patients wish to see a dog, he lets me and Pepina in, so that we can train.) This little dog is just giving out so much love..and just to think she was just a second form being put to sleep..brrrr...!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How cute, I hope he doesn't snore as much as my husband.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Magdalena I would love to see a picture of your dog on his own, what bread is he exactly?

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Website

badnit_bed.jpg
see, it´s not only Pepina, occupying the beds:-))
badnitpepina.jpgpepka.jpg

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry  bear_wub What an incredible story!!!!   bear_cry  bear_wub   And aren't you lucky to have your home shared by two lovely doggies?  :hug:

Website

Oh yeah..definitely..good I don´t live out in the country, I´d end up with a bunch of animals:-)

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Magdalena,
Oh my gosh the light brown dog looks like the dog Tramp from the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp. And what a beautiful story, such a happy ending,  MRs. Synkova sounds like an earth angel.   Your sweet little doggy girl is so lucky to have found you and it sounds like she knew it from the start.

Thank you so much for sharing such a touching story on this special holiday.
Bear Hugs
Jodi

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a very lovely story about your two precious dogs, Pepina and Bandit.
They are both so adorable and how lucky they are to have found you to look after them.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AAAWWWE.  How adorable and cuddly.  Darling doggies.

Well...look who has been sleeping in my bed....and with my bears...Shamu-with-bears-1.JPG

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey Judi, that looks like my new kitty Jinx!

Magda, those photos of you and your pup are just adorable.  What a cute, scruffy little thing he is.  Looks like you have lovely long fingernails, by the way.  I'm jealous!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli, post pictures please.  Is your kitty nice and sweet?  Shamu is our obnoxious-but-extremely-loveable-barn-cat-turned-house-laird.

BYW to all of you who gave me advice on how to "train" cats to stay off the table and counter tops....THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! We are squirting Shamu with water...and I feel so mean, but he has to stop it.....and it is working very well.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Magda: I love the story of your dog, Pepina. What a kind soul you have to help out the homeless animals. I have the the ethic that if I buy a pure breed Siamese, I can afford a cat from the pound. It is my rule and I stick by it. If I can afford one, I can afford two. So up until recently I had four cats....

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Magda, what a wonderful story about how Pepina came to live with you. It breaks my heart to hear about mistreated animals. We've never taken a rescue, but talking with people who have, they say that rescues make wonderful companions. They seem to instinctly know that they've been given another chance at life. Both Bandit and Pepina are just as cute as can be and I'm so glad to see that you are spoiling them with lots of love.

Kathleen Pa

What adorable dogs you have.  I think it is wonderful to adopt pets that need good homes.  These animals have so much love to give, you wonder how you ever lived without them.  What a sad story but I'm glad it had a happy ending. 

Kathleen

Stellajella Wien

Pepina is sooooo sweet! bear_wub
And I´m glad that she has found such a good home!!! :clap:
All the best for you three!

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer