Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

katiebear Fords Bears
New Jersey

bear8.jpgbear6.jpgbear11.jpgHi all, I just finished my second bear, another Polar Bear and her cub.   I had started a cat but did not like how it was coming.  Thanks again for all your help in getting me started.   bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Terrific little vignette . . . great work!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dogdayafternoon South

Your work is wonderful!!!!  Are you selling any of them????? I love polar bears~ Debbie

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Great job, Katie! As you know, I love all things 'polar'!

Size? Breed of fiber?? Tell us!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Lynette

katiebear Fords Bears
New Jersey

Thanks you all for the wonderful comments.  My bears are about 2 1/2" tall x 3 1/2" x 2 1/4".  I am still using the corriedale wool sliver roving since I have so much. I tried clay claws but the smell of the glue seems to staying with the bears and I don't like that. 
I never introduced myself, my name is Andrea, I am a stay at home Mom with a degree in art.  I chose Katiebear as my screen name because it is the nickname I gave my daughter when she was born some time ago.   
Felting is very new to me, this is my second item but like I said before I am totally hooked.  This bear was inspired by my son.  Just the other night he cuddled up with me laying on my arm, that is where I get most  of my ispiration in all of my art. 
As for selling, I just listed my first bear on ebay, just to see if there is a market for my bears.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OOAK-Needle-Felted- … dZViewItem

We'll see.    There is so many talented people out there it amazes me.  Either way, I have a feeling I will be poking and jabbing for years to come.  This is a fabulous board, very friendly, encouraging and helpful.   Thanks again!!
Andrea

P.S. I just gor some black wool so I think I may try a panda, wish me luck!!

katiebear Fords Bears
New Jersey

Bobbie, I think we may be soul sisters with the Polar Bears!!!
I just love them.
Andrea

Board footer