Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I just had to post this. Over the last day or two we have seen a side to bear making that I have not seen in a long time. I know there are a few of you who have had negative experiences. Had them myself many years ago.

Please Nancy I know its hard at the moment and you maybe need to distance yourself from this situation but don't let this stiffle your creativity. Its people like yourself that keep me trying new things. I saw a lady on ebay who made fairies and gnomes, I can't and don't want to make them but it set a scene for maybe doing a fantasy bear? We know Jodi is probably just as upset about this and I am sure things will get better but please don't change, you shine in your work.

On a lighter note you must check out some of the British comedies. Father Ted is about three catholic priests who live on an island with their housekeeper Mrs Doyle. The best episode is when an outing for priests goes wrong. They end up in the lingerie section in the department store. Very funny.

Hang in there and remember that people are thinking of you, all the best, Mandy.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Ah, Amanda...you know one of the things I love about this group, is the loving ladies it is comprised of.

Everyone of you are such special little creations in yourselves...a book could be written about each one! and the avid reader that I am...I would love to read each book. :)

This situation that I have just passed thru is in no ways going to stifle my creativity.  It may have made my flame just a little less bright for being accused of something that I myself am so against.

But it happens... there will always be  prejudice, intolerance, injustice, jealousy & so much more...so we have to just make the adjustments we need to, to get thru it and past it.

Do I feel hurt?  You bet I do! ...... Do I feel angry?  Yep, I sure do! 

And I feel very sad to know that I have to drop a part of my creations that I felt was so much a part of each one and enjoyed  doing so much, while I know that other artists can continue unabated and enjoy the story making with-out ridicule. 
It makes me ask, why my auction? why now, why the mouse?  Why not all my other auctions for 4 years...is this the first time he has ever seen my work? and certainly, why do I not have a devout collector like him, that after purchasing 2 bears is ready to charge hell with a squirt gun for me? :lol:

This is why I hate 'injustice' so much.  Shelli said she hates intolerance, but for me it is injustice.
I don't like someone having power over another human being or situation that can alter another person  or their will, in some way.
I have read several suggestions that I should provide stories after the sale, and I greatly appreciate the suggestions, but that takes away the whole point...getting to know my little friends.

Laughing here...I think I will put in my title for my future auctions...FWAP as a key word to find my auctions.
Friends Without A Past!  Heck, who knows...I may even change my newly acquired domain name to Nancy&Fwap.

Thank you so much Amanda for your support, love and care.  It means so much to me...you just have no idea.
But lets just let it go....I really am in no position to do anything different than what I am doing.

Hugs and of course Blessings,
nancy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nancy & FWAP

:lol::lol::lol:

It would be hard to forget your name though!

bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Or Mystery Mice?

I'm still hoping to see your stories again, although I respect your decision.

Have you had a reply yet from Mr. Badmouth?

Eileen

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

lr.jpgSometimes, I get so confused!!!! bear_grin bear_grin

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Nanc, I too respect your decision and
please keep go right as above sign said(keep going your way!!!!)and don't ever never turn
around because I think the yellow sign are fake !! :lol:

Hugs/Marie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Nancy, you are a sweet, sweet person.  I just read about your dilema.  Thanks for sharing it so we can all learn together ,and hold you up !  You have been thru a lot this past while, but are remaining strong.  Good for you. You are such an inspiration too all of us.  Don't let Mr. ^(^&%^&% get to you  a055.gif , just do what you love the best way you know how !  Keep that flame buring high and bright

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

BIG BEAR HUGS to you Nancy!  Don't waste your time on someone like that.  Jenn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

AMANDA!  I had forgotten about father Ted.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
There is nothing like a British stcom to chase the blues away and just laugh for the sheer fun of it!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Another one of my favorites is RED DWARF. It's an accquired taste:lol:
SMILE every body be HAPPY

Board footer