Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

I'm working on mine also. How do you think of what to say on a daily basis? I worry about what to say and my fingers hover over the keys as my mind fogs up! bear_shocked
I have been trying to comment on others blogs maybe that will "warm me up" and get me moving.
Dorothy

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

For me it's what I would talk about to a friend if they called me up and said, "what's going on?"

Sometimes I write a few sentences, sometime three paragraphs. Depends what is going on. I'll post a photo of the flowers in my yard, my new stash of fabric, my newly dyed wool. And then when I get a new bear I post it up there too. I did a tutorial several weeks back and that took a lot of work but it was fun.

I blog to let my family and friends know what I am doing too, not just customers. What's even more special is when somebody else mentions you in their blog and provides a link. I had somebody do that when I sold them a bear and she did a little write-up and photos of the bear in all rooms of her house. It was pretty funny and I totally appreciated the plug.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

How do I think of what to say?  In all honesty, like Jennifer, I write like I'm talking to a friend.  When I'm around friends I can be quite the little chatterbox!

As for picture posting:  I just wander in and out of the house snapping pictures.  Sometimes the picture will start the conversation.  I have lots of interests besides bears too....decorating, antiquing, gardening, my cats, etc.  That prompts the chatterbox in me too.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

yep! writing like talking to friend. and i certainly don't do it everyday. usually 2-3 times a week is plenty!  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What everyone else said!

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Thanks, everyone. Relax and visit. I can do that. I take everything so seriously, like I'm going to be graded.  bear_wacko I really do need to just let it all hang out (dates me huh!?)
Well, I am leaving on a retreat tomorrow, when I get back Sun. night I hope to be a new relaxed person.  bear_flower
Dorothy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I found it tricky to get started, I wasn't sure of which direction I wanted to take with it, but once I started it took on a life of its own!  As Aleta said, snapping away with a digicam at everything and anything is a great way to get inspired.  I don't write every day, but when I do, I try to put as much thought into it as I can, so that people get to know me a little more fully than they can through my website.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

After all this talk of blogging, I've finally set up a blog today!!  Like you, I wasn't sure how to start, but I've now added a couple of posts, to get it going, and I suddenly seem to have so much to say!!!  (which, coming from a shy and quiet person, is a bit of a surprise!!! bear_shocked
I certainly won't have time to add something everyday (and I'm really not that interesting either!!! bear_original ), but I should think it will be more enjoyable for people to read, if I only add something when I actually have something interesting to write. bear_grin

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Ya, I too have begun a blog. With only a few posts so far, I will probably work it at times like a diary, with up-dates on new ideas be-it what ever I am involved with at the time.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

OK I have started a blog because my website completely sucks and the blog looks so much better, because they do all the work for you on layout which I am completely clueless on. Shelli, I wish I had just a smidge of your design ability.
Here it is, I have enjoyed looking at everyone else's and Aleta I want to live at your house!!!!!
Bear Hugs
Jodi

http://storytimebears.blogspot.com/

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Cute Blog Jodi!! And you can change your blog design really easily.  I pop into Lisa's (twincubs) blog often and she just posted a link to an HTML tips blog (mark the site!!).....so super easy to make changes. (THANK YOU AGAIN LISA!!)

For writing I just write as if I was telling my sis' about my day.  I'm not going to write about buying shampoo at ShopRite (unless I bumped into Johnny Depp whilst paying for said shampoo) but I did just write about one of my favorite shopping places.  For me it's like everyday kicked up a notch.  I love nice pics too. I take my camera everywhere now ...new babies will do that to you, you always want a camera on hand!! bear_laugh

:hug:
~Chrissi

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Chrissi your Blog was wonderful before you made the changes! 

I just love reading people's Blogs because I don't get to travel that much with the Tritods in tow.  So when I see people going to an antique shop like Chrissi I just drool!!!  All I can think is, oh, I want that, oh, gotta have one of those.  The last time I went to an antique store with the Tritods I didn't get to stay very long (if you know what I mean).  I had to make up a game called "Let's See Who Can Talk The Quietest" which was good for 5 or 6 rooms and then it was all over.  So reading a Blog where someone goes shopping ALONE even to buy some shampoo would make my jaw drop in AWE!!!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Lisa Thank you, Thank you for the info on tips for blogs, it was great and I was able to change my background design, Way Cool!!!!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love EVERYONE elses blogs...Lisa's simply cracks me up.  I never know what I'm going to find when I open it up...it's like a mini present every time...seriously...she changes it so often!!!

Mine is still evolving...kind of like me...  :crackup:   :crackup:  It's suppose to be about bears...but it's been more about living in the country and kittens...I've gone off track...typical for me...scatterbrained.

I spend more time reading...then writing!!!  INSPIRATION...that's my excuse.

Board footer