Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

prettypleasefront1web.jpgOkay, I've been goofing off again squeezing fun little projects in between my bears.  This is what I came up with today from a pair of new socks that were evidently mislabeled as they were WAY too small.  Must have been why they were on sale!

Anyway, I named her "Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top".  As you can see, this pink elephant has stolen the cherry off of the sundae.  I used Neapolitan colored socks to make the elephant and with the remainder, I made the ice cream.  I wired the elephant's nose so it could be posed and used glass eyes and then embroidered the nose.  For the sundae, I added some glass bead "sprinkles" and found some trim that I thought looked like fancy whipped cream.  So here she is:

prettypleasesideweb.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good grief, that's adorable, Lisa.  I just love the sweet smile on that pachyderm.  Supremely sweetly yummy!

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Awww, this is so perfectly scrummy. I LOVE it!!!

Best regards

Lisa    bear_original

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

She looks great Lisa-I bet you had great fun making her. bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

I would love to have this sundae, i would have to worry about gaining any weight!!!!!!  Great job.      Louise

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

He's really sweet Lisa! I saw that he made the "hot new topics" list on Craftster...not an easy thing to do with almost 100,000 posters! Congratulations :clap:

Cheryl bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

How cute is THAT??!!  Totally creative and totally adorable!!!  Love her bear_wub

:hug:
~Chrissi

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

She is such a darling little elephant, Lisa bear_wub

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
cherylbruinwerks wrote:

He's really sweet Lisa! I saw that he made the "hot new topics" list on Craftster...not an easy thing to do with almost 100,000 posters! Congratulations :clap:

Cheryl bear_flower

Cheryl, yeah, I am just floored!  I really just wasn't aware of the number of sundae eating elephant fans out there.  Anyway, thanks to all of you too for the comments.

Hugs,
Lisa

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Soooooo CUTE!  I am tickled!!!

Kimberly W.

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

oh . my . god . that is adorable!!!! wowza!! bear_grin

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Lisa you have the most wonderful imagination!!!!! way to go! I'll never look at icecream the same again bear_grin
Wendy bear_grin

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

That is sooooooo cute!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

She looks absolutely delicious!1 :crackup:  bear_wub

LuckyPennyBears Lucky Penny Bears
MA

OMGosh! I've been making elephants like that for awhile, they're almost exactly the same! I buy the cheapo socks from Walmart (only a buck a pair) and just started chopping them up one day and came up with an elephant and a cat. I'll ask my DH to show me how to post pictures. I love your iceream sundae idea, that's great! I guess great minds think alike!  :clap:

2 edits! I can't spell today!!!  bear_wacko

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, that's not surprising since the first two patterns that Rockford came out with were the Monkey and the Elephant.  I've never posted here about my secret "obsession" before with Sock Animals.  I've been making them since childhood but put the photo up here because I had actually taken out the time to draw out a free pattern for everyone to follow and posted it on my Blog for everyone to use.  I've gotten some great photos of Elephants from people who have used the pattern and I've promised them that I'd post them in my Q.D. Patooties Blog (http://qdpatooties.blogspot.com).  I can't wait to see yours!

LuckyPennyBears Lucky Penny Bears
MA

Hi Lisa, I guess I havn't been making them as long as you (only about 6 months give or take)...I've only just perfected my "pattern" (I've never drawn one out just cut right into the sock...maybe I should draw out exactly how I do it though...), I was perfecting it (and giving the "goofs" to my kids and their cousins  bear_grin ) and am planning on listing some on ebay (since my clay bears and monkeys are getting tiresome to work with as I can't take them outside and work on them when the kids are in the pool!). I did follow your link and we do basically only the trunk/head almost the same (mine is more curved and I leave a longer neck...which I really could chop off as it just gets stuffed into the other sock when I sew the head to the body. I don't use fraycheck but do double stitch all my seams (accomplishes basically the same thing). Mine are sitters, I havn't done a standing one yet as I use the heel of one of the socks as a bum (tushy). I've been using buttons as eyes but do have oodles of TB glass eyes floating around from my bear making days...maybe I'll try them out. I just got a brainstorm for a panda sockie....off to find some black and white socks!!! bear_grin

Ever try a mini from baby socks...THAT would be a fun challange!  bear_wacko

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I use mainly smaller socks anyway.  Here's a monkey I made out of little boys socks.  They are really hard to find with a different color heel.  I think I bought a ton of these when I saw them because I thought I'd never find them again.  Anyway, here's Patriotic Pete:

patrioticpeteweb.jpg

Have fun making them.  There's quite a few people on E-bay who sell them but there is one that is really unusual.  She does baby monkeys and they are charming and oh, so different.  I wish I could remember the name but she'd probably come up if you did a search.  They're ADORABLE!!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwwww Lisa!!!  That is sooooo cute!!!   I wish I could look at a pair of socks and come up with a sweety like this!!!  Fantastic work, you have an awesome imagination!!   :hug:  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

What a creative little one ! This little face is to die for !  bear_wub

Board footer