Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

ALEX-1.jpgALEX-3.jpgHello everyone.  Here is a bear named Alex.  He now lives in Colorado.  I wanted to share him with everyone.  He is about 10" made from German matted mohair.  His face, inner ears, and paws are needle felted wool and he has a  leather  sculpted hand painted nose.

This is the same design face I will be teaching in an on-line course at North Country Teddy Bears.  The only difference is I will be using solid black eyes and a stithced nose  but the bear will have all the same parts of the face and inner ears.  It is a pretty lengthy class with lots of photos and details so it will only cover the face and ears, not the paws.

Needle felting is fun and a wonderful way to add tons of expression and original unqiuness to your bear creations.  I know I have been "stuck", in more ways then one, by the needle felting bug!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Alex is just stunning, Judi . . . as are all your creations!  Your needle felting class is gonna have one talented teacher!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

WOW!  I am in awe -  That is incredible and I am envious of the people doing your class.  I am unable to needlefelt as I'm allergic to the wool roving.  I made one little bear but had to give all my supplies away.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi, your bears with those needle-felted faces are just great! I love them and have no clue at all how to needle-felt! So I admire your work! Wonderful bear! (but I like your bear Opal morea010.gif 

Julia

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Judy
Are you using hand painted eyes, doll eyes or taxidermy eyes in this bear?
Hugs
Gail

taralee teds Taralee Teds
south australia

Oh Judi, he is just gorgeous......I needle felt a little but have never done anything like that! I tried to make a bear using some leopard print fur that I just loved and decided to felt his hands feet and face....he is now a bear with a rock god complex!!! He is so funny looking that I just had to go all the way and give him an earring and chains, and make his 'body' into clothing...I'll post a pic of my funny little man!!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

He's gorgeous Judi..I'm really looking forward to the class so much.....and now I'll be able to airbrush the finished product with confidence too thanks to your airbrushing class!
I'd imagine that after learning the principals of felting the face and ears, we should be able to work the feet out...or is that over simplifying it???:/

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

FFF_INTRO_Queen.jpgFFF_INTRO_Opie_Tom.jpgFFF_INTRO_Darby.jpgFFF_INTRO_Orlando.jpgThanks ladies.  I always love your positive comments.

Gail, on Alex, the bear pictured above, I used doll eyes.  They are quite fiddley to get just right in a felted face that is why for the class I will be demonstrating with solid black eyes, but of course you canuse what ever eyes you like.  I have used taxidermy eyes, solid black eyes and hand painted eyes.  They all work.

Hayley as clever as you are yo uwill be able to do the feet too and I will help you there as well.

The top left bear, Orlando, had Taxidermy Bear eyes.  Darby the brown bear top right has doll eyes.  OPie the blue eyed bear has doll eyes and the little bear with Opie, Tom Thumb has solid black German glass eyes.  The queen bear also has taxidermy glass bear eyes.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

[Hayley as clever as you are you will be able to do the feet too and I will help you there as well

Judi,you are so encouraging..thank you for such kind words.

Tha black eyes on the little cub have just the right ingredient for that look.

Your work is so amazing!;)

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think all your work is superb...and I admit wouldn't know where to start with needle-felting....(maybe I should do the course!!)....and I just love Opie....he's stolen my heart!!

Jenny

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

They are just stunning Judi!! Just absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You leave me absolutely speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your artistic talent..............it's..............it's .....just......so .....amazing......:cool:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi, I agree that your work is stunning.  Just so unique and perfect !  bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Judi! Alex is beautiful! I love the faces that you do when using needle felting. You are a true artist.

Many Hugs Louise

Board footer