Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Krista, Kathy,
She does not a thing! If that was the case there are alot of people out ther making the same thing, weather they are dogs, cats, bears, mice, mink bears ect. Let it go and don't waste your time on people like that. if she doesn't like your style or cats she can buy from someone else. Besides I would ont want any one to own one of my critters if the feel like that! It takes all kinds to make up this world...and just think if we all made the same exact thing ..well life would be borning. You have your own style on how yuo make your critters and I may make a cat and I would have my own style or take on how I want a cat to look. Different strokes for different fokes!!!! Keep up the good work gals!!!!! 
I have a short story to tell you here that has nothing to do about bears ... we have a contractor in doing some work for us and need concret poured... our contractor was calling and calling this guy to do the work only to find out someone had told him not to do it as the contractor does not pay his bills. He ended up finding some else to do the work. Now this contractor has a lot of jobs and well if he did not pay his bills he would not be in business. Come to find out it was another contractor that had said this to the guy. Now this guy just lost a job by listening to the other contractor. I guess he figured that if he could put out the word that our contractor is no good he could get more jobs. I tell you it takes all kinds!  And we all like different things and some of the same.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203
Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Oh Krista and Kathy, what a shame some busybody had to put their two cents worth in and try to spoil things for you.  Your best revenge to this sort of thing is to ignor it (hard, I know) and carry on as you were doing before this happened.  Someone on here wrote that this kind of coward gets very brave behind the anonimity of the computer - and it is true.  So please try to put this unkind letter where it belongs - in the "round" file!

Jane P.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Krista!!!.. another artist received the exact same email  about the kitty she just made. bear_rolleyes

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Krista..I just replied on the other thread about this....but I just think it's just something to be ignored!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website
bumblebearies wrote:

Eliza..... hey..good idea.  Maybe we should all make a cat this week!  That would be funny!~

wow heehee - how about a cat challenge, anyone?
i have been reading these 2 rotten email posts with interest and dismay
but yeah - take what you likeand leave  the rest ie ingore ill meant comments

hugs
cat xxxx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

So presumably because Steiff made the first teddy bears, no-one else can???????

Daft.

Delete it and move on Krista.  Make whatever you want to make and take no notice.  The email is way off beam.

teeeej Brisbane

These people sound like anoying busybodies with nothing better to do then grumble and complain. Reminds me of the time I got a visit from the council in regards to our dogs barking. Apparently somebody in our street had put a complaint in about all the dogs in the street, so the poor council man had to go around to all of them. I say delete the messages when you see them. People like that are not worth worrying about. Go make more beautiful cats, dogs, horses rodents or whatever you like! bear_flower

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I've always thought it would be interesting to have a dog and cat show if we could get enough artists. Maybe we could do it inside a teddy bear show? Just think of how many potential new collectors that might bring to a show  bear_rolleyes People who don't understand teddy bear collecting might come to see dogs and cats, something they're familiar with, and through osmosis learn about the teddy bear world  :dance:
Karen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I've not made either cat nor dog...only a pony and the bears.  But I really like your idea Karen  bear_thumb !!  It WOULD be a great way to tap a crossover crowd.  Can you imagine advertising a plushie show in a cat or dog magazine?  I think that would be great! :clap:

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

sadly, this happens a lot more than anyone would think, especially such nice bear people like you guys! i actually was attacked on my own blog over a year ago when i first started making bears. i was totally embarrassed and felt very sad that people are so mean and try to bully people to bring others down with them. i chose to ignore the attack, never acknowledge it, and delete the nasty comments left for me.

the best thing to do is just ignore this person. the don't deserve a response for being so rude!

(((hugs))) -teresa

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Krista I edited the email for you and thought you would get a kick out of it.
:"Hi Krista, your cat is very cute,  keep up with your absolutely adorable dogs." :lol:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Krista, that's almost funny. Funny that they have sent the same email to other people.
ever get the feeling someone needs something to do? Crap, volunteer, get a job, clean your house....SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think it would be funny for all of us to make cats and sell them on ebay at the same time. Geeesh, the nerve of some people that just have too much time on their hands.

Jodi It's sad that you area victom of such things. How rude!! Your creations are beautiful and I would think it's just jealously that some people feel they need to do such nasty things. I mean if you get accused of shill bidding and you're not, it should be easy to prove you're not and you should just move on. Like you have when you got accused. I would think if these people got so defensive about being accused it's because they are guilty. Something we learned as children.
Ebay has it's cliques. Woman who never got over high school and feel the need to be part of a mean, nasty group. So they bid on eachothers work and pick on the innocent. it's not as if us ebay watchers don't notice.....funny how 3 separate woman reported them. HA!!!!!! I mean, if something 'sells' then is relisted.....looks pretty fishy to me. Sure there are non-paying bidders........but it takes a while for them to not pay.
Sorry this has happened to you, I hope it doesn't happen to others like Krista and I think you should take legal action for sure!!

Darn Cliques........I honestly thought that after we were all out of school these things would stop. I guess some people just never grow up.

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much for your support everyone, it means alot when I can post a problem here, and get loads of ideas on how to deal with it....after much consideration I have decided to not even respond to this ridiculous email, won't give her the satisfaction of a response, although I applaud Kathy for being able to write such a response as she did, without the language that mine would have had in it.
Yes Karen and I have been friends for some time, even before I started making cats, this was something I did indeed worry about, but Karen reassured me that yes go for it, we need more cat artists to widen the collector base, so I did and am so glad I did!!! I love making my kittens, they bring me so much joy!!! and would keep them all if I could afford to...but instead I decided that I needed a Karen Lyons kitten instead, and have adopted a sweet little Torti kitten from Karen on eBay!!!
I love the idea of a challenge, I think we should do a challenge and then everyone list their kittens on eBay at the same time and see how miss sour grapes likes those apples!!!
Awesome idea Karen, that would be so cool if we could have a cat and dog section at bear shows, show all those collectors out there just how versatile and awesome all the Bear Artists really are. Show them that even the pros are always evolving and trying new things, because if you keep doing the same thing over and over you have finally made the perfect bear, cat, dog, so where is the fun in continuing!!!
lol...thanks Jodi, I like the sounds of that much better.
I am totally over the shock of this email now ladies, thanks to all your support and of course some 3 day old real kittens who seem to wipe any stress right away the second you hold one of those tiny lives in your hand....Thank you all so much again for your amazing support, this is what Teddy Bear Artistry is all about.

Hugs,
Krista

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

All I can say is... do what you enjoy doing.
Sad that people have to be so unkind.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

jodi your 'edit' was tops - well done !
like i said - take what you like and leave  the rest heehee
cat xxx

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
kim wrote:

IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH SOMEONE HAS ESCAPED FROM A MAD CAT ASYLUM!!!
SHE BETTER GET EMAILING ANDREW LOYD WEBBER, DIDNT HE ALSO CREATE CATS?!!

Krista just read all posts and I had already responded to Kathy's on another forum ...
I think Kim's quote above sums it up nicely!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup
:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I just posted about this little string of emails you and Kathy are getting in Kathy's post, but thought I would post here too.  Krista, you already know I LOOOVE your kitten, and please don't let this person stop you from creating them.  Every artist has their own techniques, spin, and 'look' about their creations, and if there was only one bear maker, cat maker, dog maker, mouse maker (I suppose I could go on.... lol) how boring would the collecting world be??? 

By the way, I just listed a polar bear cub.... I'd better not see ANYONE make a polar bear cub, as it was my idea first.... this week... I think....  bear_tongue  bear_wacko  bear_tongue  bear_wacko  :crackup:  bear_flower

Kimberly W.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

"this week":crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

K Pawz Guest

You guys are so right!!! Thank you so much!!!

Look out Andrew Loyd Webber!!! She's coming for you nest

And Yes Kim, I did notice your polar cub!! I was bidding on him!!! He is gorgeous by the way.

Hugs,
Krista

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_original Thanks Krista... keep those adorable kitties coming... bear_original

Kimberly W.

beary_clairey Luton

Hmmmm!!!

Sounds like the originator has some problems or a very boring life!!!

Now, let me see - do I have a cat pattern anywhere???

LOL

Claire

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

My I cannot believe someone would do this. Very sad.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
beary_clairey wrote:

Now, let me see - do I have a cat pattern anywhere???

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko   Good grief !

Board footer