Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne was a brave soul and posted about her knee injury, so guess I'll tell you about my fiasco.  Late last night, I got up to get a drink of water and some pain medication.  Didn't bother to turn on any lights . . . I know my house even in the dark.  Humph!  Through some quirky accident ( :redface:   :redface:   :redface: ), I hit the wall really hard where it comes together to make a corner.  It was on the eyebrow bone . . . right above my eye.  Now I have a very swollen and very black right eye.  Isn't that gonna look awesome at my bear show in Albuquerque this coming weekend??!!  So all of you TTers that will be there - Paul really didn't hit me!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

oh poor Sue Ann!

The luck of that, and right before your show!!! Tell people a naughty bear hit you........LOL

That sucks though, I hope it goes away soon,

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

OMG!  That sounds like something I would do!  Take care of yourself.  Oh, and I've heard that if you take a banana peel and put it over the bruise it will take the "black" out.  It was in one of my toddler magazines.  Pineapple juice also helps because it contains Bromein.  Just some thoughts to help you heal quickly (hey, we won't be there to see you walking around with a banana peel on your face!  LOL!).

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert
Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

OMG Lisa that is too funny.   Sorry to hear about your accident Sue Ann it sounds painful and hopefully it will clear up a bit by the weekend.   You can just tell people that when stuffing bigger bears they really do fight back :crackup:  :crackup: .  Hmmmm wouldn't mind seeing a picture of you with the bannana peel taped to your eye and holding a glass of pineapple juice heehee.

big hugs and take care

Shane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, sweetie... so sorry to hear this news. bear_sad  We all know Paul wouldn't hit you; he's a poet, after all!

Be better soon!   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Done that one too a have a scar to show for it!  Feel better soon.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Sue Anne, your going to look a sight, hope the fellow TTers get a photo  :photo:
Hope it's not too sore for you sweetie, and that you have an increadable show inspite of being one eyed  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Sue Ann.... I'm so glad I'm in good company for having silly accidents! :hug:
I am NOT glad about the black eye! bear_sad
Just wear dark glasses and a big hat.... people will think you are someone famous! bear_cool
Try the banana peel... try anything!
And those who don't know Paul but meet him this weekend will know right off that he'd never do such a thing!
Bad wall! Very bad wall! bear_angry

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ouch!!!  Oh SueAnn...that sounds absolutely painful...and just like something I would do....which in my case makes it a wee bit funny...sorry!!   I'm sure everyone who knows that wonderful husband of yours will know he had nothing to do with it.  bear_original bear_original

Now...get even with the wall...

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Well, the banana peel (although it sounds ridiculous) does really work.  I had a HUGE bruise on my leg last summer right before Expo from stubbing my toe on a crib and then landing on my knee.  Painful?  Yep!  But I wrapped my leg in a big bandage with a banana skin (with the slippery side on my bruise) and the lump and everything went down in less than 24 hours.  I was impressed.  My sister's a big believer in all natural cures and she heard this on one of the Cirrus(sp?) radio programs she listens to as well.  So that and a Toddler mag can't be wrong.

P.S.  sorry got cut off in mid sentence with a mini emergency (pepperidge farm goldfish EVERYWHERE!!!)

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Ouch Sue Ann that sounds painful!!!

Now I do want to see photos of you with the banana peel taped over your eye!!!  :photo:  :photo:  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Banana peel it is, Lisa . . . thanks much for the tip.  Yep, I COULD NOT believe how much it hurt - thought I would throw up at one point, but I finally made my way back to bed and eventually the pain med I had taken kicked in.  And if I had been watching the whole ordeal instead of being involved in it, I'm sure it would've made a really hilarious home video.  Thanks to you all for responding . . . now I must go tape pineapple juice to my eye and drink a banana.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh no SueAnn it must have been so painful.
I hope that you are feeling better and enjoy your show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Throw a little vodka in the pineapple juice....

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sue Ann,  bear_flower
If you find yourself feeling naseous again, please seek medical attention.  Head injuries can be very serious!!  My mother-in-law was in a car accident and hit her forehead/eye area on the rear view mirror and got a black eye.  Several months later now and she has serious complications due to the injury.  You might think it's nothing now, but if you hit hard enough to make you feel sick, you may want to seek medical attention. 

Warmest bear hugs,
Aleta

P.S.  I don't mean to scare you or anything......REALLY!  It's just that sometimes we take things too lightly.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

The battered bear maker at the show !!!!! hope all mends soon

bear_flower
Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Poor you Sue Ann, that must have been quite a bump you took there...ouch! Take it easy and let Paul fuss you a bit. I hope you have a great show this coming weekend!

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL!! I am glad to hear Paul didn't hit you

Oooh you poor thing - hope it feels better soon, but what I hope more for is to have photos of you with the black eye at the show        :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Danni

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh man, I have DONE that...same thing, in the dark, and the darned corner came out of nowhere to smack me in the eye!!!   bear_shocked   And it HURTS!!!   bear_cry A LOT!    :hug: I'm so so sorry this happened to you right before a show.

Hmmm...I'd never heard about the banana peel trick ~ learn something everyday on here  bear_thumb   I was going to tout arnica cream as it works miracles for stopping/reducing bruising as well, but whatever's on hand the fastest. 

And very good reminder from Aleta.  Sometimes we don't really think about these as being a potential 'head injury', but she's right.  You should get to feeling much better soon, but if not, get it checked out  :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

OUCHHHH - you poor thing Sue Ann, I do hope it is not too painful - please take care of yourself and from now on put the light on   bear_wacko  bear_flower

HUGS
Catherine
x

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh that sounds painful! My goodness what a thing to happen before a show. But on the bright side, you didn’t break anything and a swollen bruised eye will be back to normal in a few days....Take care of yourself and hold your head high at the show...things happen.....oh, the most important thing--use lots of makeup!!

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Poor SueAnn....that sounds like a nasty injury!  (sort of reminds me of when the kid next door hit my daughter in the eye with a baseball bat...but that's another tale)

I hope you're feeling better....I hadn't heard about using a banana for a bruise, just the old corny thing about a good steak...oh well, a banana is much cheaper and then you can just eat the steak instead...

Take it easy so you can enjoy Albuquerque!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I did try a banana peel last night - not sure whether it helped or not.  The kaleidoscope of red, purple, and black colors was confined to underneath my eyebrow and down on the upper lid, but today the lovely hues are beginning to show up to the sides and underneath my eye.  Sooooooo - looks like I will have a nice 'shiner' by showtime this weekend.  I was hoping I could just say I was trying out a wild and crazy new eye shadow, but that excuse has been shot to pieces.  Oh - I know!!  I'm half a panda!!  Thanks, all, for your supportive comments!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Too bad it wasn't October... you could wear a costume.
I wonder if the banana peel has to be applied right after the injury to be effective?
I'd told my mother about the banana peel suggestion and she said she'd read it in one of her health magazines too so you'd think it would have helped!!

I think Paul should wear a t-shirt to the show that says "I didn't do it!" :crackup:

Board footer