Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00780-2.JPGYesterday it was summer and I was picking beans and tomatos.....today
the tomato vines are falling down, it is cold, and the Sunflowers!
My SUNFLOWERS Are withering and falling down and they didn't even set seeds yet.....I fear it is too cold for them at night!.....:(:(:(

It seems summer just started, what on earth happened!  It's to soon for fall- it's too soon for winter!  Why am I wearing wool socks.

sigh

Dilow wishing for another month of warm weather..........:P

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AAAAARRGH . . . send them down here!  We're still having summer - close to 100 every day this week!  Of course, when Rita gets here, think it'll cool way down.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Poor sunflowers, Dilu bear_sad

But I'm grateful for a bit of cool weather. This morning I almost had to wear a sweater to walk the dogs! I've got my hot flashes to keep me warm :/

Eileen

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Oh Dilu,
Your sunflowers are still beautiful :)
Maybe your sunshine today will have them smiling upward again ....

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Oh, Dilu don't worry! Looking at the pict I can tell it's still warm. poor sunflowers but looking great!

We have  already fall came to our place. Yesterday, was +10 C at night. Day is much warmer yet +20 C

So few more days and it will be getting colder and colder. By the way we had not so great summer this year. It started in the end of July.a010.gif
Our tomatos and cucumbers and pumpkins are doing OK yet.

Hugs, Julia

Deb Upstate New York

Are you seriously wearing wool socks?  Good grief Dilu ... the Gollies probably got word to the sunflowers and the sunflowers thought Holy  n030.gif, it's time to wither up.  Just one scenario I know, but somehow I think the little devils are involved.

Ahhh Deb.....wouldn't put it past the litter buggerkins-I guess we shall have a talk tonight-

and yeah-I really was wearing wool socks.....didn't notice when I put them on this morning....hmmmm

Hey all you guys in Australia!  We are counting on your garden pictures to get us through!!!   Don't forget us.

bear_tongue

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is what happens to my sunflowers when I grow them - the wind plays havoc with them
and they look like that, even after I have tried to stake them

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Dilu~!
What happened to your beautiful sunflowers !! :(
Sorry for you and gollies......

I hope your sunflower will get more strength tomorrow...
Hugs/Marie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu, Maybe they are ready to drop thier seeds?  They are still beautiful.;)

Well today I pick the last of the string beans and ull out the bean vines, so I will check the sunflowers to see if they are gettinf ready.....It has been cold here at night, 40's,  so I don't know. 

However, the roses?  Well the roses are looking great.  But then, Oregon is known for her roses.  :)

Never-the-less  I can smell it in the air-it really is fall....But you know, if we didn't have winter would we love spring as much?  I don't know.

When I went to school in Hawaii I took the weather for granted.  Was it the sameness or my immaturity?

Or both?

hmmmm

bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

YOU WENT TO SCHOOL IN HAWAII !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLIMEY O'REILLY - YOU LUCKY GIRL DILU!

CAN YOU DO THE 'WICKY WACKY WOO' TYPE DANCING WITH THE OLD GRASS SKIRT???????

......OR MAYBE THE 'HAWAII FIVE 'O' PADDLING IN A CANOE WITH THE MUSIC GOING - 'DA DA DA DAAAH DAAAAAAAH DAH DA DA DA DAH DAAAAH' (do you know what tune i mean?)

Penny bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

YOU LITTLE GLOBE TROTTER bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad School in Hawaii!? What a waste of Hawaii! :D

Penny, I love that H50 opening (book 'em, Danno)

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OooohhH! Dilu sorry about your sun flowers. :(I planted some seeds last week. A few seedlings have already shot up. The blim'n
birds got the rest. The wild flowers have started over here. Masses upon masses of flowers . acres and acres of
them. SORRY...that was insensitive of me. I'll say no more about how beautifullywarm it is over here. Birds are courting, building nests, hatching their young. SORRY.. there I go again. I better log off now.
:(I am really sorry about your flowers. I is awlful to see anything especially something so magnificent as a sun flower curl up its toes.           Maybe you could loan them your wooll:)en socks. (sorry had to say. it was just waiting to be said):rolleyes:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Your sunflowers look great, Dilu. We have had a heavy frost for the last 2 nights in a row...everything is frozen!!!!!!!!!:( It is so depressing to know that the snow  and icy roads won't be far behind.:(:(...pout, pout.....

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

It's PERSISTING DOWN with rain here and i've had the central heating at night for the past week - and there's been frosts too.

Get yer winter warmers out girls, don't forget your long flannelette bloomers either bear_grin

Penny

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

It is going to be a lot more expensive to heat the house this year wht the high prices of oil & gas, we might need TWO pairs of flannette bloomers!:lol:

Yeah- college in Hawaii- it was the farthest away from home that gave me a good enough scholarship to make it worth it. 

Penny, I never did the hula thing, but Don Ho did come out to an assembly/program thing-  He sang a parody of "Tiny Bubbles"

He called a girl up from the audience- and she was just a freshman and looked like she was all of 13.

He started off

"Tiny boobies, on my chest
One points east the other points west." 

I don't remember the rest, she was totally humiliated and I felt so badly for her.  Never liked Don HO after that....actually couldn't stand him.

He was such an icon of HONOLULU.  But that was cruel.

What else do I remember?

The locals!  The locals were fantastic.  Never met anyone who wasn't as nice as nice can be. (except Don Ho ) Even on Hotel Street.

Hotel street was probably the most interesting place you could go.  During the day it was packed with ethnic stores selling the most wonderful things, but at night those closed up and the night life came out.  I remember seeing a group of girls, unbelievably beautiful girls, impecable makeup and hair, tall, statuesque, I was looking at them trying to study their makeup, and then my date laughed at me.  He told me they were 'Mahoos'  I don't think the spelling is correct, but the ywere transvestites.  These beautiful women were men.  My first experience.  How naive!  They were also very friendly.  They laughed at me too.  This seems to happen alot in my life. hmmmm :lol::lol::lol:

What else do I remember?  Hmmmmm   the flowers were unbelievable, the worst month was Sept-humid,hot,humid,hot,humid.hot,hot,humid.

There is a wonderful mix of asiatic cultures- so many different things to learn.  When I left school and lived in Honolulu our apartment was next door to a Buddhist temple on one side and elementary school on the other.

Both sides had bells ringing all the time- but the Buddhist Temple bells were nicer. :)

Julia, isn't just about any where warmer than Vladivostok?  ;)

Hawaii 5-0 hmmmm  When I was there they were still filming episodes.  The streets in Downtown Honolulu are very narrow and the bus, which was only 50 cents for as long a ride as you wanted, had to get creative going around some of the filming.  I can honestly say I never saw any of the actors.  I was trying to work so I wouldn't have to go back home.

Oh well

Mandie-you are funny-no summer but you do have beautiful greens to look at. I had a roommate once who was from Ireland.  She was so homesick.  She would talk about all the different greens that made up Ireland.  She taught me to look at the greens in nature with different eyes.

The skys were beautiful, the water on the north shore was warm and clean and clear, the experience was a good one.

bear_tongue

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

DILU bear_grin:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Hey did you guys know that our Shana teaches hula dancing in Hawaii.  She has tought some famous people too.  Hope you don't mind me sharing this Shana!  She looks FABULOUS too!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
matilda wrote:

The wild flowers have started over here. Masses upon masses of flowers . acres and acres of
them.

I swear, I always seem to forget that it's Springtime, somewhere in the world..... So I guess in a few more months, when I am complaining about my Ohio blizzards, you'll be basking in the warm glow of the summer sunshine!????

How 'bout all us Northern Hemisphere gals plan a midwinter trip to Matilda's house!?

Beray truly yours,
Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer